cooler master rs 550 pcar e3

Maslofski

So im running with this PSU, and i want to upgrade to a evga gtx 770/780 w/acx, and buy the rest of the system when Z97 gets into the store. will it be enough? pc part picker says the 9800gt needs 30W, and 230/250W for those new ones, but i cant find the other parts in there to see a total.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

= Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550W

It's one of Cooler Masters low end PSUs. Very inefficient by todays standards. I wouldn't recommend running a high end graphics card on it.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-550-W-Power-Supply-Review/969/9

"Conclusions

Although some can see Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550 W as an option if you are not going to pull 550 W from it, we can't recommend this unit, as it burns if you try and pull its rated wattage. Its main technical problem is efficiency, between 73.2% and 77.5%, which would prevent us from recommending this unit even if it could deliver its labelled power."

Erm..no. That is a really poor and highly inefficient psu. It can only provide less than 380w on the 12v rails. I strongly suggest you upgrade that first before even considering getting a new system. A good 600w psu from 1st tier brand should be fine to run a single gtx 780/780 ti. Let us know the budget and full pc spec and we'll give you some options

If you want to get a better power supply, we could give you some suggestions as atrash said. As well as your budget, the retailer you would be buying it from would be helpful.