iBuyPower?

Hello everyone I am relatively new to actually owning a gaming pc and really need help deciding which company I should use to build my pc. I've put together my perfect rig using iBuyPower's site though I've read that they are a horrible company and that I should stand clear from them. I'll be spending roughly $1900 just on my pc so should I look for somewhere else or am I ok using their site?

Case-Corsair 250D, Mobo- Gigabyte Z97 Mini-itx, Cpu-i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz (ATM), Ram- HyperX Fury 1866 8GB, GPU-EVGA GTX 980 4GB, PSU- Corsair AX 760, CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i

I would never ever ever buy anything from them. I suggest finding a local PC store and ordering your own parts form newegg and taking them to the store and have them put it together.

I would never ever ever buy anything from them. I suggest finding a local PC store and ordering your own parts form newegg and taking them to the store and have them put it together.

i 2nd this , you save money and have a sense of this is mine and with the money you save you can upgrade

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Honestly, spend some time on the forum, you can learn to build it yourself and you'll save a lot of money.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Aren't they owned by Dell?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Building a PC is not hard at all. If you look around on YouTube, you will see just how easy it is. If you decide to buy your own parts and build it your own, you could build a great performing PC that will destroy what iBuyPower will offer.

yeah that's kind of what I was thinking I figure what i'll do is just use what is selectable as a base for what materials and such I'll need. I'm not really all that tech savy when it comes to pc so ill search for a computer place that can do the build or help me with the build and go from there. Thank you guys for helping me not spend money in a bad place :)

Case-Corsair 250D, Mobo- Gigabyte Z97 Mini-itx, Cpu-i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz (ATM), Ram- HyperX Fury 1866 8GB, GPU-EVGA GTX 980 4GB, PSU- Corsair AX 760, CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i

Build your own PC there are tips right here on the forum not only that people here are more then willing to help you. Give it a try and when your done you will be all like  B)  B)  B)

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Build your own. You'll have an little army of techies at your side. :)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yeah that's kind of what I was thinking I figure what i'll do is just use what is selectable as a base for what materials and such I'll need. I'm not really all that tech savy when it comes to pc so ill search for a computer place that can do the build or help me with the build and go from there. Thank you guys for helping me not spend money in a bad place :)

Yeah, it's not that hard. If you know what each piece of hardware is and where it goes, you'll be able to do it on your own. Think of it as a lego structure. Just follow the directions, have all the right pieces and you'll be golden. Are you just going to use this for gaming? Because I could whip up a list that would work great for your uses.

you will do fine , building a pc is like doing a puzzle... it only goes in one way 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I agree. I for one and I'm sure others will help you in building and telling you what goes where step by step if you need any help with this project in building and what parts to pick out. Save yourself $ on the labour and buy an extra ssd for the amount saved. Low priced computers are nice but as you go up in price especially $1900 the amount you get from the computer is so low. Pre-made you will get a excellent i7 and like a 660. That's not a gaming pc worth that much. You could get a nice i5 3570k overclocked watercooled, 7970 gpu,550-600watt psu, 3tb hdd 120 sdd, beutifulcase, nice looking mobo and not some foxconn board, nice monitor, and nice peripherals instead of crapply made things.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

That would be Alienware.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WS98

This is all you need to get up and running. Except maybe a few minor things like keyboard, mouse, and OS. This will kill everything iBuyPower has to offer at that range. Crossfire 7970s will take anything you throw at it.

Hello everyone I am relatively new to actually owning a gaming pc and really need help deciding which company I should use to build my pc. I've put together my perfect rig using iBuyPower's site though I've read that they are a horrible company and that I should stand clear from them. I'll be spending roughly $1900 just on my pc so should I look for somewhere else or am I ok using their site?

unless you are purchasing their revolt computer, then build it yourself. I and many others can help you build a pc. i recently just went through like  3 skype calls a few days ago helping a user, i'd be glad to do that for you as well.

i bought my pc though them and did not have any problems although now that i know better i wish i would have saved my money and built my own it would have saved me over 100 bucks (USD) for the same parts :( stupid me but the company itslef is fine in my books i've had great customer service

Fan Junkie

Yeah, it's not that hard. If you know what each piece of hardware is and where it goes, you'll be able to do it on your own. Think of it as a lego structure. Just follow the directions, have all the right pieces and you'll be golden. Are you just going to use this for gaming? Because I could whip up a list that would work great for your uses.

Yes Gaming is going to be y main purpose and I game at this point for atleast 4 hours during the day and anywhere from 5-7 hours at night when I get home. Id love to get that list from you :)

Alienware is owned by Dell. iBuyPower Inc. is their own company, but like everyone else is saying, may or may not be a good option. Personally, I've had excellent experience with a friend's laptop getting serviced, even when it was a BIOS issue that we unknowingly caused. It was one they offered with the 8600, or 8800 GTS mobile edition (can't remember now) back in summer of 2008. Attempted to update BIOS, somehow we managed to cause it to lose power, bricking it in the process. We weren't comfortable taking it apart at the time, plus he still had warranty on it, so he decided to send it in for service. Surprisingly, they didn't charge for reflashing the BIOS; only shipping the laptop to iBuyPower wasn't covered, which is usually expected, unless you're a manufacturer like ASUS with an awesome two-way shipping policy.

Now, I'm not advocating you buy from iBuyPower; because in all honesty, you'd be better off learning the in's and outs of what makes a PC tick, even if you don't plan to hardcore overclock it or customize it. It will help you troubleshoot hardware problems for both yourself, and friends and family around you, and usually you have a heck of a lot more fun building it in the process :D

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Yes Gaming is going to be y main purpose and I game at this point for atleast 4 hours during the day and anywhere from 5-7 hours at night when I get home. Id love to get that list from you :)

How about this? This X79 platform will allow you to upgrade to higher performing CPUs to up to 8 cores. It also features 8 DIMM slots allowing up to 64gb of RAM. Pair this up with liquid cooling and Crossfire Gigabyte 7970s and you got yourself a system that can run any game on ultra at up to 1440p!

There overpriced and not worth the money. Build your oen system, you will save money and know it inside and out

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Definately look into your local computer market.

The people can be really resourseful and it helps the local economy.

Of course you can buy online, but the postage can add up too.

Take your time if you want to learn on your own, although it is relatively easy, you can still make mistakes that become costly.

The good news is that on this forum we are all here to help you. =)

Good luck in what ever way you choose your new PC.

How about this? This X79 platform will allow you to upgrade to higher performing CPUs to up to 8 cores. It also features 8 DIMM slots allowing up to 64gb of RAM. Pair this up with liquid cooling and Crossfire Gigabyte 7970s and you got yourself a system that can run any game on ultra at up to 1440p!

Thanks so much I actually did some digging into what I would need for parts and such on newegg last night. But this helps a lot and your list is more what I was looking for Thank you :) 

Moved to proper forum...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Building a computer is fairly simple, the hardest part is finding out what slots the I/O on the front of the board plug into, also setting it up with things such as installing windows is a little difficult, however you can find solutions for just about every problem online, ive found quite a few solutions here in the forums as well.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)