[ThePCEnthusiast] Intel Haswell-E Processors Core i7-5960X, Core i7-5930K and Core i7-5820K Specifications Revealed

LenMargaux

Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Haswell-E

To begin with, the upcoming Haswell-E will have one X-type processor or the Extreme processor, and two K-series or the unlock processors. The Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Haswell-E processor, being the flagship CPU, features a total of 8 cores / 16 threads and has Hyper Threading. It has a base clock of 3.GHz with 20MB cache and will support DDR4 memory. It will also support multiple graphics card configuration with the first two cards running at x16 speed and the third one running at x8 speed. It will also have a maximum PCI Express link speed of 8GT/s and a Thermal Design Power (TDP) of 140W.

Intel Core i7-5930K and Core i7-5820K Haswell-E

The Extreme processor is followed by two Core i7 processors with unlock multipliers – the Intel Core i7-5930K and Core i7-5820K Haswell-E. Both processors features 6 cores / 12 threads, also with Hyper Threading, and has a base clock of 3.5GHz and 3.3GHz respectively. The Intel Core i7-5930K and Core i7-5820K will also support DDR4 memory and a memory frequency of 2133MHz. Both processors are somewhat the same, but they differ in the PCI Express configuration. The Core i7-5930K will have 2 x16 + 1 x8 configuration, similar with the Core i7-5960X; meanwhile the Core i7-5820K will only support 1 x16 + 1 x8 + 1 x4 multiple graphics card configuration.

http://thepcenthusiast.com/intel-haswell-e-processors-core-i7-5960x-i7-5930k-i7-5820k/

Sounds interesting. Looks like the X99 is definitely worth the wait after all. Or not?

What you think guys?

I like PC, but I like Music as well.

seems pretty nice, nothing unexpected so far.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well that is disappointing, I read that the Core i7-5930K was also going to feature 8 cores and the 5820K was to feature 6 cores.

Looks like I'm going to wait till Skylake-E then.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Can't wait to see what these CPUs can do. 8 Cores, which all should have amazing single core performance... wow...

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Well, at least this time intel's extreme edition is distinct and different. The last 2 generations of intel extreme edition has been kind of meh in terms of what you're getting for the money

What a relief I was scared that I made a bad decision going for the 4930k because I lived under the impression that the 5930K was cgoing to be 8/16. 

Hmmm actuallly when I think about it the fact that the 5820 is going to be a hexa core this kind of  suggestest that we will see a hexa core broadwell chip. I 7 5770k. A hexa core for 300 bucks or even 200 bucks (microcenter) sounds great. Much value.

I just hope that upgrading from an X79 to X99 (with their corresponding CPU predecessor) would be a worth-it upgrade.

Unlike upgrading from Ivy Bridge to Haswell which offers only little performance improvement.

I think I will get the 5820K or just wait a tad longer to see what becomes of Devil's Canyon. But it would seem Intel is finally doing something interesting. Hopefully the CPU wars is starting again.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well that is disappointing, I read that the Core i7-5930K was also going to feature 8 cores and the 5820K was to feature 6 cores.

Well, it's not like these are confirmed specifications.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Well, it's not like these are confirmed specifications.

I know but I do hope there is something special for not a vast amount of money, the 5960X is going to be nuts here in the UK (4960X is something like £750-800) and I'd hazard a guess at Intel's first 8 core desktop CPU nudging £1,000

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

8 core @ 3.0GHz? Ugh...not for me. Still better than xeon for non workstation use as you can overclock though. I'd only go for it if I could overclock it quite a bit. Otherwise it's going to be creamed gaming performance wise by the quad core i7s. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

8 core @ 3.0GHz? Ugh...not for me. Still better than xeon for non workstation use as you can overclock though. I'd only go for it if I could overclock it quite a bit. Otherwise it's going to be creamed gaming performance wise by the quad core i7s. 

Pretty much: The one game that looked like it could really take advantage of multiple cores, Watchdogs, it's poorly optimized and gimped for the PC

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think I will get the 5820K or just wait a tad longer to see what becomes of Devil's Canyon. But it would seem Intel is finally doing something interesting. Hopefully the CPU wars is starting again.

Devils Canyon will be released before Haswell-E mate and about the CPU wars I sure hope so, I want to see truely innovative technologies coming out a bit like Ivy Bridge with its Tri-Gate transistors that helped reduce power consumption quite significantly.

Pretty much: The one game that looked like it could really take advantage of multiple cores, Watchdogs, it's poorly optimized and gimped for the PC

That's good to hear, as I don't plan on playing that on console as I'm not down with 30fps rather than dropping the detail just a little. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Anyone know if star citizen will be optimized for multi core? I assume so but not am just not sure :P.

And any reason for the stock clocks to be this low on enthousiast cpus?

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Anyone know if star citizen will be optimized for multi core? I assume so but not am just not sure :P.

I don't know. Power consumption/performance ratio likely. 

Long as it is unlock I'm not complaining, I've been waiting for this. They need to unlock xeons IMO, but thatll never happen. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Of course it will. A game THAT massive? In this day and age? Taking into account that they held a poll about people's PC specs? They'd be out of their freaking minds not to utilize multiple cores.

It was unlikely that the 5930k would have 8 cores based on past history. The 5820k is a 6 core.

Go true enthusiast and go x99. Only thing interesting about devils canyon is the 20th anniversary Pentium.

lame, 5930 is not 8 core.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Of course it will. A game THAT massive? In this day and age? Taking into account that they held a poll about people's PC specs? They'd be out of their freaking minds not to utilize multiple cores.

Well I think he means utilizing more than 4 cores. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Agreed though I'm hoping it is not correct, in the UK an 8 core 'K' CPU for £450 or so would be quite a bargain :)

Yeah, I hoping it would be an 8 core as well.

But the 6 core might still be a good upgrade

Anyone else notice the artificial segmentation of the 5930 and 5820's PCI-E lanes? The 5930 has 40 lanes, while the 5820 has 28 lanes. Lame. The 4820K supported all 40.

Definitely good that they upped the entry-level model to a 6-core though, and most people won't truly need more than 16 lanes.

The extreme edition looks like it'll have a lot of overclocking headroom, given its base clock is so low. With a good cooler that'll perform fantastic.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking