What is better for a ryzen 5 5600?A 3060 12gb (234$) or 6700xt(280$)

im on a budget and if i go for 3060 it will allow me to go 32gb ram instead of 16gb but i dont know if the sacrifice in performance will be worth it

3 minutes ago, atrianln said:

i dont know if the sacrifice in performance will be worth it

are you actually going to use 32GB of ram? If not, it won't make the PC any faster.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Only go for 32 gigs if and only if you have a genuine need for it over more GPU performance and VRAM. I and virtually everyone else will go with the 6700XT. I have it and it is a true beast. 32 Gigs is only applicable for content creation and people who have hundreds of tabs and multiple desktops open(people with bad ram habits).

Get that 6700xt, you'll get quite a bit more fps in games vs the 3060, and 16gb is still enough if you're just gaming, esp. at 1080p, because most games still don't crack over 16gb (system) RAM.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

11 hours ago, atrianln said:

im on a budget and if i go for 3060 it will allow me to go 32gb ram instead of 16gb but i dont know if the sacrifice in performance will be worth it

Not worth

One more thing to note - the 3060 is only wired to use 8 PCIE lanes. Unless you are using a B550 or X570 motherboard, its connection will be limited to 8 lanes of PCIE gen 3. The 6700XT uses all 16 lanes and avoids this problem.

Get the 6700XT and a DUAL RANK 16GB kit of RAM as this offers a performance improvement.

Using two 8GB sticks does not mean it is dual rank.

Dual channel memory does not mean it is dual rank.

Dual rank is a RAM stick configuration where there are twice as many memory chips on the stick than usual. This is usually (but not always) identified by having a full array of memory chips on both sides of the stick.

This offers improved bandwidth and thermals. Dual rank configuration is mainly used in situations where the memory chips used are too low capacity to achieve the total memory capacity of the stick.

When the stick needs to have total capacity 16GB or more, it is almost always dual rank because there is a limit for a single chip's capacity. However if the stick's total capacity is 8GB (as you usually find in pairsnfor a 16GB kit) it is usually single rank.

Get a kit that is advertised to be dual rank. You have another pair of RAM slots to add another 16GB kit if you somehow need it.

6700xt is quite a bit faster. Adding extra ram later if needed is quite easy