i'm done, just your blessings?

Hi there, finally i'm gonna order my beast... and i just want to share it with you and know what you think about it.

Let me know fellows! I followed most of your tips around here and i'll still do if i think it's good for my rig.

Here is the link of the whole thing.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/core/client/showList/id/421250/hash/H0BqZqHb

Spanish online store(cause i'm from Spain, yes.)

If you are asking on what i'm gonna use it:

Mostly editing, rendering, 3D design, Photoshop and a lot of gaming.

If anybody has problems seeing it, tell me. Thank you!

Enigma.

I don't think you need a board like that. Try a Gigabyte UD5H?

I'll edit as I think of stuff.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I support this comment, that board is overpriced for features you probably will never use.

If the z97-ws is cheaper, its probably a better option imo. 

Get this ssd instead http://www.pccomponentes.com/crucial_m500_240gb_ssd_sata3.html

And get either this hdd http://www.pccomponentes.com/seagate_barracuda_7200_14_1tb_sata3.html or this one http://www.pccomponentes.com/seagate_barracuda_7200_14_2tb_sata3_64mb.html

And I agree with @Jerakl. I'd get a less expensive motherboard like a Gigabyte one, or even a lesser Asus one.

If the z97-ws is cheaper, its probably a better option imo.

Despite the reliability of WS boards, I don't think OP would need one, he's not using any obscure hardware, just mainstream stuff. So compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

Even if it was cheaper, it's not like OP needs it. Save Money where you can. "Save money, live better."

OP needs a board with good solid features, I personally recommend the Gigabyte Zx7-UD3H and MSi Zx7 gaming series boards.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Despite the reliability of WS boards, I don't think OP would need one, he's not using any obscure hardware, just mainstream stuff. So compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

OP needs a board with good solid features, I personally recommend the Gigabyte Zx7-UD3H and MSi Zx7 gaming series boards.

I completley agree, its just because I like the realiability of the WS boards and the features. 

I completley agree, its just because I like the realiability of the WS boards and the features.

DARNIT! Someone got to my post while I was editing. Editing posts is a relatively slow process on mobile.

I'd recommend against the 840 Pro, as the 840 EVO is much cheaper, and faster (I own the Pro and a friend of mine the Evo).

If it's just for gaming, the i7 is unecessary, you could get the same (more or less) performance from an i5-4670k. If it's an enthousiast build, aiming at OCing, then you're fine with the i7.

This last two years i started learning more and more about hardware and High-end rigs to build my own badass one. I allways read about RoG and their components and how they are best suited for gaming and high en performance and somewhere i read about the compatibility between the MOBO and the GPU is very important, if they are the same brand(Asus in this case) they will work in better "harmony" you could say...? If i'm wrong, correct me please. Thank you!

Get this ssd instead http://www.pccomponentes.com/crucial_m500_240gb_ssd_sata3.html

And get either this hdd http://www.pccomponentes.com/seagate_barracuda_7200_14_1tb_sata3.html or this one http://www.pccomponentes.com/seagate_barracuda_7200_14_2tb_sata3_64mb.html

And I agree with @Jerakl. I'd get a less expensive motherboard like a Gigabyte one, or even a lesser Asus one.

I had the Seagate in my wishlist, but reading many post i decided to get the WD one. About the SSD... the same goes for this one, i read a lot of good things about this one and how reliable it is. Why do you think should i change for those ones? Maybe your reasons will make me change my mind. Thank you!

Even if it was cheaper, it's not like OP needs it. Save Money where you can. "Save money, live better."

I was about to get the MSI z97x7 Gaming series but then i saw the 780TI Matrix from RoG and i tought that i could change the MOBO as well to match the GPU and better compatibility as i mentioned earlier. How wrong am i? Thanks for your reply!

NZXT Phantom 820 Negro, lol.

I know... for all of you who don't speak spanish just a few words here and there that must be funny to read that. They obviously meant to say "NZXT 820 en negro(in black)" but sometimes they make this mistakes. Funny tho...

I'd recommend against the 840 Pro, as the 840 EVO is much cheaper, and faster (I own the Pro and a friend of mine the Evo).

If it's just for gaming, the i7 is unecessary, you could get the same (more or less) performance from an i5-4670k. If it's an enthousiast build, aiming at OCing, then you're fine with the i7.

So... The EVO it's faster you say? I'll check that out, maybe i should change it. About the i7, as i said, i won't play only, i will do rendering, 3D designs and Photoshop a lot, so i'll need the i7 as a minimum... and because i don't want to spend anymore, 2300€(about 3200$) it's a lot to spend.

Thank you all for your replies.

2 Days to order it, let me know your thoghts!

Take care!

Enigma.

This last two years i started learning more and more about hardware and High-end rigs to build my own badass one. I allways read about RoG and their components and how they are best suited for gaming and high en performance and somewhere i read about the compatibility between the MOBO and the GPU is very important, if they are the same brand(Asus in this case) they will work in better "harmony" you could say...? If i'm wrong, correct me please. Thank you!

I had the Seagate in my wishlist, but reading many post i decided to get the WD one. About the SSD... the same goes for this one, i read a lot of good things about this one and how reliable it is. Why do you think should i change for those ones? Maybe your reasons will make me change my mind. Thank you!

I was about to get the MSI z97x7 Gaming series but then i saw the 780TI Matrix from RoG and i tought that i could change the MOBO as well to match the GPU and better compatibility as i mentioned earlier. How wrong am i? Thanks for your reply!

I know... for all of you who don't speak spanish just a few words here and there that must be funny to read that. They obviously meant to say "NZXT 820 en negro(in black)" but sometimes they make this mistakes. Funny tho...

So... The EVO it's faster you say? I'll check that out, maybe i should change it. About the i7, as i said, i won't play only, i will do rendering, 3D designs and Photoshop a lot, so i'll need the i7 as a minimum... and because i don't want to spend anymore, 2300€(about 3200$) it's a lot to spend.

Thank you all for your replies.

2 Days to order it, let me know your thoghts!

Take care!

Enigma.

Capacity, my friend. I'd trade a little bit of performance. And I do mean only a little bit, for double the capacity. And also, a black drive is a little overkill for a storage drive. If you want to get WD instead of seagate that's fine, but get yourself a blue drive instead.

Capacity, my friend. I'd trade a little bit of performance. And I do mean only a little bit, for double the capacity. And also, a black drive is a little overkill for a storage drive. If you want to get WD instead of seagate that's fine, but get yourself a blue drive instead.

In a way... you are right, but i need the most reliable that i can get, a few months later i'll get the 4TB version for massive storage and maybe i'll buy the Blue in that case, but the black edition gives me 5 years waranty+its the best HDD i can get in that range of price.

Thank you for your opionions!

Just a minor question for you guys who i'm absolutely sure know the answer.

With this build, would i need a 750AX PSU? or i'm good to go with a RM650? Because i won't SLI anytime soon... and i think it's maybe too much...

What do you think?

Thanks!

This is more or less completely wrong. The is really no correlation between Motherboard/GPU.

Just get one that has the features you want, brand doesn't really matter.

RoG boards are for people doing super overclocking and stuff. For general usage it's a waste of resources.

I.E: I have a ASUS GTX 780 with last gen MSi gaming board. Works fine.

It's because it's still a GTX 780. ASUS doesn't change the card in any way other then a custom PCB, increased clock speed and custom cooler. (major things).