GPU for Flight Simulator 2020?

YingZuo

Does anyone use 7800x3d and 4070 ti super (16g) to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? How does their combination perform? How much FPS is available in high image quality settings at a resolution of 3440 * 1440。

74.4444fps average

Edit: this might give you an idea: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/7800x3d-4070-ti-super/635402

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

11 minutes ago, YingZuo said:

Does anyone use 7800x3d and 4070 ti super (16g) to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? How does their combination perform? How much FPS is available in high image quality settings at a resolution of 3440 * 1440。

on the right 

image.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, filpo said:

on the right 

image.png

thank you very much

I want to build a pc for game msfs2020.rtx or rx?which gpu is more better for this game?

32 minutes ago, tkitch said:

rtx 4090 best

for performanace, not value. get like a 4080 super or a 7900xtx of half the price with like a ten percent (or less) loss in performance. 4090 is overkill. 

14 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

for performanace, not value. get like a 4080 super or a 7900xtx of half the price with like a ten percent (or less) loss in performance. 4090 is overkill. 

to be fair, he asked a terrible question, so I gave a correct, but also terrible, answer.

Just now, tkitch said:

to be fair, he asked a terrible question, so I gave a correct, but also terrible, answer.

yeah, true. @YingZuo You got a budget?

54 minutes ago, YingZuo said:

I want to build a pc for game msfs2020.rtx or rx?which gpu is more better for this game?

The brand doesn't matter. the specific model does. Maybe gives us some more info, such as your budget, so we can help.

16 minutes ago, Salted Spinach said:

Just go straight for a flying license

More realistic experience than what you will ever get out of a million dollar computer

Yeah but there are no respawn points IRL, lol.

MSFS is pretty chill though I'll give you that.

It used to be shit heavy on PC but ever since the updates, you can run it with much lower grade hardware than what's being spoken on this topic actually. Very well in fact.

22 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Yeah but there are no respawn points IRL, lol.

I suggested he get a flying license

There are no respawn points for the hundreds of thousands of active licensed pilots either. Imagine treating every flight as a gamble when the global # of casualties from road accidents is higher those of flight accidents by several orders of magnitude

23 minutes ago, Salted Spinach said:

I suggested he get a flying license

There are no respawn points for the hundreds of thousands of active licensed pilots either. Imagine treating every flight as a gamble when the global # of casualties from road accidents is higher those of flight accidents by several orders of magnitude

Yeah I know lol...

even if they fly a Catalina over bears on a lake, there's still a lot of variables involved. 

Not everyone can get into flying lol. It ain't that easy. Money wise, physical tests required, etc...

[ Threads merged ]

Please do not repost the same thread, asking the same question, every day. You can reply to your existing thread if you have follow-up questions about the same topic.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Also forgot to mention, there are like 60k airports on the globe. If I check Sahibinden there are just 60k BMW + Mercedes vehicles alone and those are purely the premium vehicles out of ONE country. Come to think of it, they give driver's licenses to idiots. You need serious training for flight. Not to mention flying is not an everyday means of getting from point A to B for most people. People use roads and vehicles for travel, for the most part. Of course flying is going to have less deaths, lol.

More so, even with the Catalina example, so many things can go wrong. That Avid can get up to some pretty high altitudes after you're off water, if something goes wrong... sure, you can make it alive but as we all know, when a passenger plane crashes you're pretty much dead. I'd say cars are safer than any other means of travel, especially waters, granted there are no weird variables like curvy mountain roads and stuff. Heck, the guy that built bikes for my buddy slept on his bike and rammed into a truck. He died and came back to life after some time. Being 60.000 ft up the air is not the same as being on ground level. When you crash a plane, chances are you're dead.

That argument is really dumbfounded.

9 hours ago, Motifator said:

People use roads and vehicles for travel, for the most part. Of course flying is going to have less deaths, lol.

Its not just in absolute numbers. The rate of death (% of participants that end up dying to accidents) is also much higher on the road than in the air

Driving is perceived to be safer because its is more accessible and people are more accustomed to it to ignore the fear from risk of accident. 

Whereas with an airplane in 99% of cases you have a professional pilot who has been trained to make the safest landing possible when something goes wrong. You can have an absolute god tier pilot but why are people still afraid and consider it to be riskier? Because of the feeling that they are powerless in the outcome and have to entrust their fate to the pilot.

Put aside your familiarity and feelings about both modes of travel and look at the real situation. A lower % of people to got on a plane ended up dead than those who got on a road vehicle. Plain and simple

Another thing for you to ponder is the human reaction to road deaths vs plane deaths. Hundreds die in traffic accidents every day, amounting to millions every year. Just another day isn't it? But just one commercial plane crashes and the whole world goes into tragedy mode

Why are people like this? Why are you like this?

1 hour ago, Salted Spinach said:

Its not just in absolute numbers. The rate of death (% of participants that end up dying to accidents) is also much higher on the road than in the air

Driving is perceived to be safer because its is more accessible and people are more accustomed to it to ignore the fear from risk of accident. 

Whereas with an airplane in 99% of cases you have a professional pilot who has been trained to make the safest landing possible when something goes wrong. You can have an absolute god tier pilot but why are people still afraid and consider it to be riskier? Because of the feeling that they are powerless in the outcome and have to entrust their fate to the pilot.

Put aside your familiarity and feelings about both modes of travel and look at the real situation. A lower % of people to got on a plane ended up dead than those who got on a road vehicle. Plain and simple

Another thing for you to ponder is the human reaction to road deaths vs plane deaths. Hundreds die in traffic accidents every day, amounting to millions every year. Just another day isn't it? But just one commercial plane crashes and the whole world goes into tragedy mode

Why are people like this? Why are you like this?

Bro I'm not putting myself in a vacuum sealed cabin go to 50.000 feet sky high knowing there's no survival rate with 105 octane jet fuel pumping out of massive engines putting out sheer lava temperature gas notes.

You can get me on that Cobra 9000, put throttle all the way on and have a world trip in 3 days on a speed boat like that one Turkish guy have done...

planes are just not for me IRL.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

planes are just not for me IRL.

Ok then speak for yourself and not for others