Unpopular opinion: canned air is the worst product ever.

Viesulis

I know its slightly tech related but, this stuff is awful. It can't get rid of anything its like a slight gust of wind. Better buy a cheap air compressor that will last you a life time.

Fuck compressors, get an handheld air blower instead. You dont need 5 bar of pressure to dust off your electronics.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

33 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

Better buy a cheap air compressor that will last you a life time.

If you need a good compressor, buy a used shop compressor. Cheap new ones are garbage.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Fuck compressors, get an handheld air blower instead. You dont need 5 bar of pressure to dust off your electronics.

Compressors are good for other things besides dusting out computers.

A leaf blower or canister vacuum with the hose on the discharge side would be more useful than "just" a computer duster.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Nothing beats a few artist's paintbrushes of different sizes and a microfiber cloth.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Drum vacuum cleaner and a salt shaker attached to the hose (using blow hole)

It's literally what $200 Datavac are, but bigger, cheaper and more powerful. It also works as bike tyre inflator with the "bottle cut in half" attachment. Leafblower? you got it. Fill the drum with icy water and it blows cool air out.

There's so much things you can do with a simple machine. Can't stop winning, fellas.

yoru_smug.jpeg.8e7084a87aed7c8f2886c614191277c4.jpeg

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

I received a small handheld vacuum/duster as a gift a while back, and it’s replaced canned air for me. For working inside computers it’s just as effective, and since it’s rechargeable with no cord I can actually get it down into a case much easier.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 4/30/2024 at 10:09 AM, Levent said:

Exactly, I need 8 bar

5 hours ago, Viesulis said:

Exactly, I need 8 bar

I still have this thing and use it frequently. Travelled across the country with it too since I've moved 6 times since then.

image.png.4745536ebe08a6c01d9df95ece790f24.png

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

if you think canned air for cleaning your computer is bad
What about canned air that you are meant to inhale?

2 hours ago, Agall said:

I still have this thing and use it frequently. Travelled across the country with it too since I've moved 6 times since then.

Those Datavac dusters are expensive, but if you're dusting a lot of computers they're worth their weight in gold. We have one at work, it's great. I wouldn't recommend one for home use primarily due to cost and lack of versatility. For the same price you can get a Shop Vac.

32 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

"Canned air" dusters are actually full of refrigerant. I forget which one they use now, but some used to contain 134A (aka 1,1,1,2 Tetrafluoroethane), the same refrigerant commonly found in small air conditioning systems. It blows my mind that we sell cans of refrigerant that are explicitly designed to be vented to the atmosphere, when you can get in trouble for venting the very same chemical out of a refrigeration system. At least the new stuff isn't as bad for the environment.

None of the "canned air" dusters are meant to be inhaled. Bottled breathing mix for divers and firefighters is a completely different thing.

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Bottled breathing mix for divers and firefighters is a completely different thing.

True, I was implying the canned air that i have seen at pharmacies, claiming to "improve blood oxygen levels"

12 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Those Datavac dusters are expensive, but if you're dusting a lot of computers they're worth their weight in gold. We have one at work, it's great. I wouldn't recommend one for home use primarily due to cost and lack of versatility. For the same price you can get a Shop Vac.

"Canned air" dusters are actually full of refrigerant. I forget which one they use now, but some used to contain 134A (aka 1,1,1,2 Tetrafluoroethane), the same refrigerant commonly found in small air conditioning systems. It blows my mind that we sell cans of refrigerant that are explicitly designed to be vented to the atmosphere, when you can get in trouble for venting the very same chemical out of a refrigeration system. At least the new stuff isn't as bad for the environment.

None of the "canned air" dusters are meant to be inhaled. Bottled breathing mix for divers and firefighters is a completely different thing.

I paid a lot less for it back then, it was apart of an order that also had a pyrometer and router that amounted to ~$110, so I think I only paid $50 for it.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

True, I was implying the canned air that i have seen at pharmacies, claiming to "improve blood oxygen levels"

Wait, Perri-Air is a real thing now?

You can get great blowers (battery powered so no wires) from China nowadays. Either a handheld or a straight classic fashion Bosch / Makita style bigger blower for 50-100 easy. I have two, in fact.

11 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Wait, Perri-Air is a real thing now?

Boost Oxygen 5 Liter Natural Pure Canned Supplemental Oxygen Bottle with  Built in Mouthpiece for High Altitudes and Recovery, Natural Flavor (5 Pack)
Maybe it has an actual use but
*This is legit just oxygen in a can*

3 hours ago, BrandonLatzig said:

This got me thinking about the My Strange Addiction episode where the girl is addicted to canned air duster. That haunts my dreams, it's awful.