Why isn't the forum thread linked in the video description?

I've noticed LTT doesn't link the forum thread in the video description anymore, and also the creation of the forum thread lags behind the posting of the video by a day or so. Is there a reason for this change?

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I always preferred posting on the forum rather than in the comments. Completely different way of communicating and also completely different discussion.

Also i feel the forums are a more direct and personal way to reach out to the LTT staff. Always nice to get a response from the creators.

My guess would be that linking here would move the conversation off YouTube, which would reduce engagement, and work against the YouTube ranking algorithm. 

I also prefer forums. I’ve only ever made 2 comments on YouTube. I almost made one yesterday, but deleted it and moved on before actually posting it. 

Well to that I would say... First, I've never seen a "conversation" in the YT comments, never! And the way it's setup It's not going to happen.

Second, without having access to actual statistics, if I look at the number of replies and content of those replies. The number of replies is a hit they could easily take and I don't think anybody posting on the forums would post the same in the comments, or post at all in the comments.

By that logic, if you see the forums as a competitor to the YT comments, then why have a forum at all?

1 hour ago, maksakal said:

Well to that I would say... First, I've never seen a "conversation" in the YT comments, never! And the way it's setup It's not going to happen.

Second, without having access to actual statistics, if I look at the number of replies and content of those replies. The number of replies is a hit they could easily take and I don't think anybody posting on the forums would post the same in the comments, or post at all in the comments.

By that logic, if you see the forums as a competitor to the YT comments, then why have a forum at all?

This kind of community is worth much more than pure engagement numbers. Discussing newest LMG releases is more of a bonus to everything else.

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

Can you be bit more specific? I looked at 3 latest videos. All have threads linked.

As for "posting late", threads are actually made early and stay hidden until release time. At times, LMG staff forgets to set these up properly. This is what you see as delays. Just human errors.

WAN Show and other livestreams don't have threads. Neither any sister channels apart from Techlinked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Just human errors.

Sorry but i think majority people don't think they are humans.

🐧

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

On 4/23/2024 at 6:25 AM, undergroundbeef said:

My guess would be that linking here would move the conversation off YouTube, which would reduce engagement

Conversing in YT comment is like conversing with a lot of half blind & deaf people that has either only half a brain or upside down brain, head deep in a pool of toxic sludge.

So much so that conversing in reddit looks almost like conversing in a panel full of scholars

So, no, not because of that I'm sure.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:35 AM, maksakal said:

well, i did, depends on the channel and the audience i guess!

but i get you,  commenting on a forum makes more sense if you're interested in conversation,  however for ltt it probably makes more sense to keep engagement on yt, at first at least...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Can you be bit more specific? I looked at 3 latest videos. All have threads linked.

As for "posting late", threads are actually made early and stay hidden until release time. At times, LMG staff forgets to set these up properly. This is what you see as delays. Just human errors.

WAN Show and other livestreams don't have threads. Neither any sister channels apart from Techlinked.

Challenge accepted... I'll start collecting stats.

Anyway, rightnow I can't speak generally, but the videos I wanted to comment on didn't have a link in them at creation and the forum thread wasn't created. They lagged behind by a day or so. I can't be arsed to type the address in the bar so I always use the link in the discription. The link wasn't there and the thread too.

I am 73.832% sure that I am not crazy.

7 hours ago, maksakal said:

Challenge accepted... I'll start collecting stats.

Anyway, rightnow I can't speak generally, but the videos I wanted to comment on didn't have a link in them at creation and the forum thread wasn't created. They lagged behind by a day or so. I can't be arsed to type the address in the bar so I always use the link in the discription. The link wasn't there and the thread too.

I am 73.832% sure that I am not crazy.

Like I said, they are humans doing human things, and unless it's systematic error, there might not be good solutions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv