Dell Dimensions 4600 Sleeper Build on a budget.

600$ dell dimensions 4600 sleeper pc

Lg Monitor

some 10$ keyboard,

an m720 triathlon,

intel core i5 10400, stock cooler,

Zotac mini RTX 2070 super, Gigabyte h410 v2,

8gb of ddr4 3200 from Klevv,

Thermaltake smart 600w

Case dell dimensions 4600

Fans, 1x standard dell fan (Exhaust), 1x NZXT fan (Intake)

You should try and find one of the era dell 2001fp monitors, it’s one of the highest end options they offered in 2003. 20” 1600x1200 and matches that style of dimension

IMG_2517.jpeg

Lift the feet up, drill 2 120mm fan holes into it and make them take in air.

The rest is well its basically just an atx case and most will just fit.

Or are these new used components?

If so yeah you NEED adjustments.

Because this isnt even a good 600$ used pc at all period.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:51 PM, jaslion said:

Lift the feet up, drill 2 120mm fan holes into it and make them take in air.

The rest is well its basically just an atx case and most will just fit.

Or are these new used components?

If so yeah you NEED adjustments.

Because this isnt even a good 600$ used pc at all period.

Actually, these were unused when I bought them back in 2020, I got the GPU from a friend who bought it and never used he actually didn't even open it, I got the CPU when it was released during a sale, I get the PSU is pretty crappy, the Mobo( this was a stupid purchase even I see why) ram, let's not get into that. all of these were bought on sale at different times. the whole reason this thing is being built is because I had components lying around and wanted to use them, yes, I realize this is horribly spec'd. this is not supposed to be something people should copy. also your fan idea is pretty smart I was originally worried about air flow and I guess this is the best solution I've gotten.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:21 PM, 8tg said:

You should try and find one of the era dell 2001fp monitors, it’s one of the highest end options they offered in 2003. 20” 1600x1200 and matches that style of dimension

IMG_2517.jpeg

I have one of these, or at least a similar model if I find it and it works this is a great idea.

1 hour ago, Jeberdiaher42 said:

Actually, these were unused when I bought them back in 2020, I got the GPU from a friend who bought it and never used he actually didn't even open it, I got the CPU when it was released during a sale, I get the PSU is pretty crappy, the Mobo( this was a stupid purchase even I see why) ram, let's not get into that. all of these were bought on sale at different times. the whole reason this thing is being built is because I had components lying around and wanted to use them, yes, I realize this is horribly spec'd. this is not supposed to be something people should copy. also your fan idea is pretty smart I was originally worried about air flow and I guess this is the best solution I've gotten.

Yeah its just the standard 90's/early 2000 generic oem case mod advice.

Also take off all pcie slot covers if they arent vented. Will make an exit path to help the gpu keep cooled.

Also defo get something better than a stock cooler a be quiet pure rock 2 is a 92mm cooler and 20$ however possibly a thermalright 120mm cooler fits and is like 17$.

The main thing you simply shouldnt use is the thermaltake smart.

They are genuinly terrible and it would be a shame to ruin a pc because of it. 50$ is enough to get a good enough psu.

Else well if you want optical drives get some too for 1$ a piece! Or if ya wanna really reuse the originals you can use a ide pcie card.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Yeah its just the standard 90's/early 2000 generic oem case mod advice.

Also take off all pcie slot covers if they arent vented. Will make an exit path to help the gpu keep cooled.

Also defo get something better than a stock cooler a be quiet pure rock 2 is a 92mm cooler and 20$ however possibly a thermalright 120mm cooler fits and is like 17$.

The main thing you simply shouldnt use is the thermaltake smart.

They are genuinly terrible and it would be a shame to ruin a pc because of it. 50$ is enough to get a good enough psu.

Else well if you want optical drives get some too for 1$ a piece! Or if ya wanna really reuse the originals you can use a ide pcie card.

since I bought that pretty recently ill return it and get like a corsair or something. 

cooler wise I'll have to see especially since I'm kind of short on cash right now.

also the case came with all the hardware in working condition as my dad actually bought it when it was new so I have everything working

concerning the pcie slot covers my dad already took all of them off