Will Am4 aio fit on a Am3+ cpu?

Will Am4 aio fit on a Am3+ CPU? I have an fx8350 and CPU is only running at half load because of heat issue. It's an Am3+ CPU and I can't seem to find anything that says they are compatible.

They moved the mounting holes between AM3+ and AM4. It would depend on the AIO and its compatibility list, and if you still have all the mounting brackets etc. it came with

2 minutes ago, Pyroven said:

They moved the mounting holes between AM3+ and AM4. It would depend on the AIO and its compatibility list, and if you still have all the mounting brackets etc. it came with

i got it prebuilt if it says its am3+ compatible should it come with appropriate brackets.

15 minutes ago, tritonplayer said:

Will Am4 aio fit on a Am3+ CPU? I have an fx8350 and CPU is only running at half load because of heat issue. It's an Am3+ CPU and I can't seem to find anything that says they are compatible.

which AIO is it specifically? Even the new arctic LF3 AIOs support AM3+ so you should be able to use it. Though you might need to ask the manufacturer for the right mounting kit if you don't have it

Just now, tritonplayer said:

i got it prebuilt if it says its am3+ compatible should it come with appropriate brackets.

you should have them then

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

which AIO is it specifically? Even the new arctic LF3 AIOs support AM3+ so you should be able to use it. Though you might need to ask the manufacturer for the right mounting kit if you don't have it

you should have them then

corsair carbide series spec 01
16gb ripjaws ddr3 ram
am3+ fx8350
gtx 1050ti
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler(potential new aio)

7 minutes ago, Pyroven said:

16gb ripjaws ddr3 ram
am3+ fx8350
gtx 1050ti
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler(potential new aio)

3 minutes ago, tritonplayer said:

16gb ripjaws ddr3 ram
am3+ fx8350
gtx 1050ti

it does support am3+, check if you have the mounting bracket to support it. If not an email to cooler master should get you the bracket

image.thumb.png.587f3d1c985a03689a97fa2e04532e39.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

it does support am3+, check if you have the mounting bracket to support it. If not an email to cooler master should get you the bracket

image.thumb.png.587f3d1c985a03689a97fa2e04532e39.png

i only have the bracket for the cooler thats on it now and its a amd av-z7uh440q001

28 minutes ago, tritonplayer said:

a 4 heatpipe tower will destroy that 120mm aio

what country?

budget?

fx is really slow (slower than 1st gen core on socket 1156/1366) but still has a decent chunk of resale value so if performance is a concern you really should just resell that cpu mobo ram combo and buy yourself a used ~50$ 3600(x) + used ~50$ b3/450 (or even new if <80$) + ~30$ 16gb or ~50$ 32gb kit of ddr4 and the resale of the cpu/mobo should cover a decent chunk of the upgrade cause old fx is pretty pricey especially with higher end boards and the fx8000/9000 cpus

if performance is not a concern and youd rather keep fx then im just gonna be under the assumption that youll probably be running a proper oc on the thing (>4.8ghz, ddr3 2400+) while you save up for a new system, yes cooler can be carried forward to new hardware

as for the cooler get a 240 aio atleast, maybe one of thermalrights cheaper aios like the frozen prism/notte or a used corsair h100i

used aircoolers are also an option but without mounting hardware theyre basically useless or atleast incredibly annoying to mount with zipties whereas aios even if they dont have mounting hardware doesnt matter since the block isnt heavy or tall so its really easy to ziptie mount and get good mounting pressure atleast thats my experience with lga 775 copper cores that i ziptie mount onto 115x cause 115x stock coolers are trash

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

a 4 heatpipe tower will destroy that 120mm aio

what country?

budget?

fx is really slow (slower than 1st gen core on socket 1156/1366) but still has a decent chunk of resale value so if performance is a concern you really should just resell that cpu mobo ram combo and buy yourself a used ~50$ 3600(x) + used ~50$ b3/450 (or even new if <80$) + ~30$ 16gb or ~50$ 32gb kit of ddr4 and the resale of the cpu/mobo should cover a decent chunk of the upgrade cause old fx is pretty pricey especially with higher end boards and the fx8000/9000 cpus

if performance is not a concern and youd rather keep fx then im just gonna be under the assumption that youll probably be running a proper oc on the thing (>4.8ghz, ddr3 2400+) while you save up for a new system, yes cooler can be carried forward to new hardware

as for the cooler get a 240 aio atleast, maybe one of thermalrights cheaper aios like the frozen prism/notte or a used corsair h100i

used aircoolers are also an option but without mounting hardware theyre basically useless or atleast incredibly annoying to mount with zipties whereas aios even if they dont have mounting hardware doesnt matter since the block isnt heavy or tall so its really easy to ziptie mount and get good mounting pressure atleast thats my experience with lga 775 copper cores that i ziptie mount onto 115x cause 115x stock coolers are trash

case doesnt support 240 aio, it would be in the way of my ram 

Snapchat-104853257.jpg

7 minutes ago, tritonplayer said:

case doesnt support 240 aio, it would be in the way of my ram 

Snapchat-104853257.jpg

in that case you should buy an aircooler and also that case had no airflow so i reccomend taking the sidepanel off and seeing if you still have heat issues