plz suggest some good 750w PSUs

EzioWar

Hi, my current psu is- corsair cs650m. I think i need a new 750w psu cause of my Asrock AMD rx 7800xt challenger oc gpu and r5 7600 cpu. But i wanna buy a psu which will b future proof, cause after several years i would like to upgrade my cpu to last best am5 cpu for gaming. which one would be best among these- aorus ap750gm , MSI MAG A750GL  ? it's on very reasonable price in my area. Can u guys plz suggest some good 750w PSUs from following sites? my budget is under ₹7000-₹8000.

SMPS/ PSU (vedantcomputers.com)

Buy SMPS Online in India at Best Prices | MDComputers

btw at my place the electricity is 230v AC connection.

please suggest. is eteknix.com good source of psu reviews?

Whats your current psu?

Specs of your build?

250w card and about the same or slightly better performance compared to a 6800xt so you might aswell just save some cash and get a 6800xt especially if you can find used ones for a reasonable price

Or you can look for a 7900gre instead which will atleast offer abit of a performance bump

Psu wise the reccomended 700w by amd is just headroom incase you have a thermonuclear reactor like the 14900ks that draws 300+ watts of power, something more reasonable like a core i/ryzen 5/7 should be able to run on even a 500w psu

So if your psu is a decent enough unit no lower than 500w should be able to run a 7800xt/7900gre

14 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Whats your current psu?

Specs of your build?

250w card and about the same or slightly better performance compared to a 6800xt so you might aswell just save some cash and get a 6800xt especially if you can find used ones for a reasonable price

Or you can look for a 7900gre instead which will atleast offer abit of a performance bump

Psu wise the reccomended 700w by amd is just headroom incase you have a thermonuclear reactor like the 14900ks that draws 300+ watts of power, something more reasonable like a core i/ryzen 5/7 should be able to run on even a 500w psu

So if your psu is a decent enough unit no lower than 500w should be able to run a 7800xt/7900gre

i allready bought the gpu, my sytem would b- Asrock AMD rx 7800xt challenger oc and r5 7600. But i wanna buy a psu which will b future proof, cause after several years i would like to upgrade my cpu to last best am5 cpu . my current psu is- corsair cs650m.

3 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

i allready bought the gpu, my sytem would b- Asrock AMD rx 7800xt challenger oc and r5 7600. But i wanna buy a psu which will b future proof, cause after several years i would like to upgrade my cpu to last best am5 cpu . my current psu is- corsair cs650m.

Nope you dont need a psu replacement especially if you are only concerned about cpu upgrades since ryzen is really efficient, swap it out only when it is inadequate for your system which it clearly isnt as itll power the 7800xt (~250w) with a 7950x (~200w stock due to garbage out of the box settings) just fine

not only are you wasting money if you uneccesarily upgrade the psu now but said upgraded psu wont last as long when you upgrade your gpu since youve already used abit of its lifespan on your current setup, yes psus live 10-15+ years but kind of a waste to use that lifespan when its not even needed for your current build, as an example you upgrade your gpu but youve already run your upgraded psu for 3 years, now it only has 7-12 years to go not to mention warranty is also used up, but if you upgrade the psu as soon as you need more capacity since 650w isnt cutting it for a 90 class card now that psu still has its full 10-15+ years alongside still having a full warranty period

And any half decent 850w is already maxing out the budget like the pm850d at ~7700inr

i was literally gonna reccomend the ant esports vs700l at 2540inr since nothing else was really worth getting as all the psu options are warrantyless units (<10 year warranty)

Btw cpu wise if you can find it look for a 7500f as that should be cheaper

what mobo?

Make sure it isnt one of these trash boards and definitely no a620 boards as their vrms and i/o are complete trash and will not handle a ryzen 9 if you ever want 16 cores which completely defeats the purpose of am5 being able to keep mobo and rams but you can upgrade the cpu, my personal reccomendation is the b650m hdv as the vrms are stupid overbuilt so itll handle an overclocked 7950x, 14 usb a + 2 usb c, and ddr5 10000+ capabilitiy (afaik current ram freq holder at ddr5 10800 with an 8500g)

And what rams?

Do not buy 16gb kits as their performance is complete trash due to 1rx16

If 5600c28, 6000c30/32, or 6400c32 is overpriced look for t create 5600c46 kit which should be 10000+ capable hynix a die so you wont need to swap rams out if you upgrade your cpu, just that youll need to tune out of the box so your cpu performance doesnt suck but that shouldnt be very hard as there are plenty of 6000-6400 hynix a die profiles on the internet that you can just copy paste, stresstest with prime95 largeffts for a few hours to ensure stability, and just use your system as normal witth the added benifit of higher performance than an xmp since tuned will always beat xmp rams

43 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Nope you dont need a psu replacement especially if you are only concerned about cpu upgrades since ryzen is really efficient, swap it out only when it is inadequate for your system which it clearly isnt as itll power the 7800xt (~250w) with a 7950x (~200w stock due to garbage out of the box settings) just fine

not only are you wasting money if you uneccesarily upgrade the psu now but said upgraded psu wont last as long when you upgrade your gpu since youve already used abit of its lifespan on your current setup, yes psus live 10-15+ years but kind of a waste to use that lifespan when its not even needed for your current build, as an example you upgrade your gpu but youve already run your upgraded psu for 3 years, now it only has 7-12 years to go not to mention warranty is also used up, but if you upgrade the psu as soon as you need more capacity since 650w isnt cutting it for a 90 class card now that psu still has its full 10-15+ years alongside still having a full warranty period

And any half decent 850w is already maxing out the budget like the pm850d at ~7700inr

i was literally gonna reccomend the ant esports vs700l at 2540inr since nothing else was really worth getting as all the psu options are warrantyless units (<10 year warranty)

Btw cpu wise if you can find it look for a 7500f as that should be cheaper

what mobo?

Make sure it isnt one of these trash boards and definitely no a620 boards as their vrms and i/o are complete trash and will not handle a ryzen 9 if you ever want 16 cores which completely defeats the purpose of am5 being able to keep mobo and rams but you can upgrade the cpu, my personal reccomendation is the b650m hdv as the vrms are stupid overbuilt so itll handle an overclocked 7950x, 14 usb a + 2 usb c, and ddr5 10000+ capabilitiy (afaik current ram freq holder at ddr5 10800 with an 8500g)

And what rams?

Do not buy 16gb kits as their performance is complete trash due to 1rx16

If 5600c28, 6000c30/32, or 6400c32 is overpriced look for t create 5600c46 kit which should be 10000+ capable hynix a die so you wont need to swap rams out if you upgrade your cpu, just that youll need to tune out of the box so your cpu performance doesnt suck but that shouldnt be very hard as there are plenty of 6000-6400 hynix a die profiles on the internet that you can just copy paste, stresstest with prime95 largeffts for a few hours to ensure stability, and just use your system as normal witth the added benifit of higher performance than an xmp since tuned will always beat xmp rams

Ty, so my current 650w corsair cs650m good enough to run the system without any issue? wont gpu power spikes be an issue? 

also i'm buying MOBO- ASRock B650M HDV/M.2 and rams- Acer Predator Vesta II RGB DDR5 32GB (16GBx2) 6000MHz Desktop Ram (Black) (mdcomputers.in)  or if i wanna go 64gb then this- G.Skill Flare X5 64GB (32GBx2) DDR5 6000MHz Desktop Ram (mdcomputers.in)

6 hours ago, EzioWar said:

Ty, so my current 650w corsair cs650m good enough to run the system without any issue? wont gpu power spikes be an issue? 

also i'm buying MOBO- ASRock B650M HDV/M.2 and rams- Acer Predator Vesta II RGB DDR5 32GB (16GBx2) 6000MHz Desktop Ram (Black) (mdcomputers.in)  or if i wanna go 64gb then this- G.Skill Flare X5 64GB (32GBx2) DDR5 6000MHz Desktop Ram (mdcomputers.in)

Mobo and ram choices are good

Go 32gb unless you need more than that which i assume you dont if you are just gaming

Power spikes shouldnt be an issue, if you are that concerned just undervolt abit and do a vram oc (which you should be doing anyways cause free performance and power savings)

Otherwise you look good to go so good luck with your upgrade and enjoy your overhauled build =)

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Mobo and ram choices are good

Go 32gb unless you need more than that which i assume you dont if you are just gaming

Power spikes shouldnt be an issue, if you are that concerned just undervolt abit and do a vram oc (which you should be doing anyways cause free performance and power savings)

Otherwise you look good to go so good luck with your upgrade and enjoy your overhauled build =)

Btw my current psu is allready like 10 years old , thats why i was looking for a new psu.

3 hours ago, EzioWar said:

Btw my current psu is allready like 10 years old , thats why i was looking for a new psu.

Still usable

Id just run it into the ground and replace if it either dies or you upgrade your gpu and im pretty sure the latter will happen alot sooner than the former even if it takes 2-3 years

Youll know if the psu is dead if it suddenly doesnt wanna turn on at all which is usually how psus die from age, just have to replace and be done with it

10 is just the minimum after all and i wouldnt be surprised to see that psu hit or surpass 15 years

On 4/17/2024 at 12:08 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Still usable

Id just run it into the ground and replace if it either dies or you upgrade your gpu and im pretty sure the latter will happen alot sooner than the former even if it takes 2-3 years

Youll know if the psu is dead if it suddenly doesnt wanna turn on at all which is usually how psus die from age, just have to replace and be done with it

10 is just the minimum after all and i wouldnt be surprised to see that psu hit or surpass 15 years

i got to give that old psu to my friend now, so i really need a new psu, please suggest.

1 hour ago, EzioWar said:

i got to give that old psu to my friend now, so i really need a new psu, please suggest.

On 4/16/2024 at 1:32 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

cheapest thing you can get and still pretty decent quality judging by 12v = 58a = 696w (nice) so within margin of error of the psu advertised rating

51 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

cheapest thing you can get and still pretty decent quality judging by 12v = 58a = 696w (nice) so within margin of error of the psu advertised rating

which one would be best among these- aorus ap750gm , MSI MAG A750GL  ?