BPM using GATT Profile

theereal

Im wondering if anyone knows of any Blood Pressure Monitors confirmed to be using GATT Profiles for integration with 3rd party applications? Im creating a health app and i need a BPM that uses standard BLE protocols so that i can actually subscribe to the data. Its difficult to find anything since most just advertise "Bluetooth" or "BLE" but dont specify wether or not they are using proprietary connection protocols.

You have a couple options, but to start, I'd say follow the BLE spec and build your application to that, unit testing along the way. When you have you application working to spec (verified by your unit tests), then you can invest in a BLE Blood Pressure Monitor. Assuming you have access to a storefront like Amazon, you can make use of the free returns feature. Fortunately, the cheaper the device, the more likely they're using the generic BLE Body Sensor implementations, lol.

Second (probably better) option would be to get a BLE devkit and program your own blood pressure sensor/simulator. There's actually already projects that have done this, for example: https://docs.arduino.cc/retired/library-examples/curie-ble/Genuino101CurieBLEHeartRateMonitor/