Is there a spec that lists 180° mode on Notebooks?

Long story short, my boss has the HP Elite Dragonfly that is about 18 months old currently but really wants it to be able to open up to 180 degrees. His last computer was able to do this and he misses it. He said there was no reason to upgrade to the G4 (or I assume G5?) unless it can do that but he really loves the dragonfly since our company is an HP shop.

This isn't really a spec that I have seen listed anywhere unless the device is a 2-in-1. Is there a name for this spec or someplace I can look for this?

3 minutes ago, philipt99 said:

Long story short, my boss has the HP Elite Dragonfly that is about 18 months old currently but really wants it to be able to open up to 180 degrees. His last computer was able to do this and he misses it. He said there was no reason to upgrade to the G4 (or I assume G5?) unless it can do that but he really loves the dragonfly since our company is an HP shop.

This isn't really a spec that I have seen listed anywhere unless the device is a 2-in-1. Is there a name for this spec or someplace I can look for this?

Any 2-in-1 that opens 360 degrees can also open to 180 degrees. There's none that I'm aware of that mechanically lock it at 180 degrees, so its extremely uncommon, so using the friction from the hinge to keep it at 180 degrees is the most likely result.

My favorite 'sleeper' 2-in-1 being Asus' Z Flow laptop without a dGPU. Its one of the few laptops with an H series CPU and no dGPU.

ASUS ROG Flow X13 13.4" Touchscreen Gaming Laptop 1920 x 1200 FHD AMD Ryzen 9 with 16GB Memory 512GB SSD Off Black GV302XA-X13.R9512 - Best Buy

Goes on sale here and there for like $800 USD which is nuts.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

My Lenovo Yoga opens to 180° and it's also listed in spec as a feature. 

Most modern 14" laptops I was looking at before I bought this one could open up to 180°°

Moat hp laptops do 180 degrees too normally.

Does he use his pc laying flat on a table or something?

Any of hps 2 in 1's can de 180 degrees too.