Whats the best way I can leave a link/shortcut ect to directly load me into a webpage from a file I click in Windows Explorer?

Go to solution Solved by emosun,

Right-click on the desktop, go to New and choose Shortcut.

Right-click on the location bar and choose Paste to copy the URL (web address) of your favorite site into the location bar.

Click on Next.

Type a name for the Internet shortcut.

Click on Finish.

per google

I have tried doing this before to mixed results. 

I have a folder in my onedrive for mods for assetto corsa. And AC gets mod updates a lot so I was wanting to leave some kind of file in explorer for say a mod creator, that way I can just click this file, open the webpage or tab to that mod makers page so I can hopefully see their updated mods, any ideas how I can do that?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Right-click on the desktop, go to New and choose Shortcut.

Right-click on the location bar and choose Paste to copy the URL (web address) of your favorite site into the location bar.

Click on Next.

Type a name for the Internet shortcut.

Click on Finish.

per google

Thank you that works exactly as I need it too. I thought there was a way to do this direct in browser and thus why I had issues with it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

14 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Thank you that works exactly as I need it too. I thought there was a way to do this direct in browser and thus why I had issues with it.

yeah i think it came about in windows 95 when they tried to unify the operating system and internet experience thus allowing webpages to be visible in the file explorer and shortcuts able to open webpages.