External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,
But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,
whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.
I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive Which works on my desktop Both Directly and With OTG at USB 3 Speeds.
One interesting thing to mention is if I attach an USB c hub to the adapter and connect my drive to desktop it works properly.
I have Fresh Installed windows but the issue still Presists
Desktop:
USB A to USB C adapter (USB 3.1) --> USB C to C SSD (USB 2 Speed) {~40 mbps}
USB A to USB C adapter (USB 3.1) --> USB C pendrive (USB 3 Speed) {~170mbps}
USB A to USB C adapter (USB 3.1) --> USB C Hub --> USB C to C SSD (USB 3 Speed) {~450 mbps}
Laptop:
USB C to USB A adapter --> USB C to USB A adapter --> USB C to C SSD (USB 3 Speed) {~450 mbps}
Specs:
Windows 11
USB 3.2 Type A ports only.
i7-9700k and RTX 2070
Asus GLCS10
Laptop : Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 (Type C ports only)

SSD.jpg

PEN.jpg

Daisy.jpg

16 minutes ago, PraveenMystic said:

One interesting thing to mention is if I attach an USB c hub to the adapter and connect my drive to desktop it works properly.

then do that.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

then do that.

Its not practical for me since, I need that hub for my laptop and I intend to use this SSD as a gaming drive which will always be connected.

5 minutes ago, PraveenMystic said:

Its not practical for me since, I need that hub for my laptop and I intend to use this SSD as a gaming drive which will always be connected.

you could get the same hub again and have a working drive and a hub for the laptop.

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

you could get the same hub again and have a working drive and a hub for the laptop.

I just want to fix the software issue somehow without making more purchases, Thanks.

1 minute ago, PraveenMystic said:

I just want to fix the software issue somehow without making more purchases, Thanks.

ok if you completely refreshed the systems software , and none of your hardware combinations work except that one , then what were you hoping we'd be able to do?

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

ok if you completely refreshed the systems software , and none of your hardware combinations work except that one , then what were you hoping we'd be able to do?

I just thought it might be a driver issue, or if someone who had encountered a similar issue before might help

Just now, PraveenMystic said:

I just thought it might be a driver issue, or if someone who had encountered a similar issue before might help

Its possibly a signal integrity issue, storage drives can get very picky about being directly connected and you got lucky that the hub did a good job and boosting the signal, often they make things worse.

The logical thing to do is just get a USB-A to USB-C cable, the less number of adapters, the better the signal integrity.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

6 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its possibly a signal integrity issue, storage drives can get very picky about being directly connected and you got lucky that the hub did a good job and boosting the signal, often they make things worse.

The logical thing to do is just get a USB-A to USB-C cable, the less number of adapters, the better the signal integrity.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense thanks, actually I lost my 3.2 A to C cable, do if I cant get a workaround I will have to buy it.

As standard states:

USB 2.0 –A widely used standard that offers a maximum transfer speed of 480 Mbps.

The theoretical transfer speed of USB 3.0 is 4.8 Gbit/s

Your figures not close to USB 3.0

But!

Just try to boot from more verbose OS, some live Linux and then experiment with your hubs, SSD, dongles — and then look in to LOGs...

I have haunting Lenovo USB-C docking problems with 3 HD monitors — Windows just show bad picture with lower density, but Linux LOGs provides connection speed negotiations, lost signal, re-connections and so...

ad infinitum

Just get a usb a to c cable rated for ubs 3 speeds. Adaptera can be finnicky like this