NZXT H6 RBG Flow Fans blink once when I turn on PSU

Sambhai1

Hey guys,

I am looking for a solution on a short "issue" I am having with my new build. I build my first computer yesterday and for some reason when I only turn on my PSU the front 3 fans blink just once. Once that is done I press the power button and everything works perfectly fine.

I am wondering why is that happening, I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all fans, along with using a different RGB port D-LED1/D-LED2. my build has a 4080 super which requires 3 PCI-E connections, for some reason my Corsair 850e only have 4 ports (2 for CPU and 2 for GPU), for now I have daisy chained the last PCI-E, is that what is causing this? I tried using only 2 PCI-E ports and the GPU did not turn on at all.

I am using all 4 sys-fan ports, one for the 3 way NZXT case fans in sys-fan 1 and the other 3 are being used by LL120 corsair fans. RBG for the NZXT case fans is in the top right RGB header, idk if it's D-LED 1 or 2, both ports show the blink. Being my first build, I am worried something my break (fry).

My Setup;

NZXT H6 FLOW RGB

AORUS B650 ELITE AX

AMD RYZEN 7 7800X3D

GIGABYTE 4080 SUPER WINDFORCE

TEAM T-FORCE 16x2 GB 6000MHZ

THERMALRIGHT PEERLESS ASSASSIN 120 ARGB

KRYONAUT THERMAL COMPOUND

CORSAIR RM850E

LL120 CORSAIR FANS

2X NOTCUA REDUX 140MM FANS (NOT CONNECTED, JUST THERE SCREWED IN FOR FUTURE)

My best guess would be that is that the BIOS standard is to have them on when PSU gets power.
And it takes that 'long' to load your personal configuration.

You could possibly prevent this by using an RGB hub.
But its unlikely due to the daisy chaining. As long as the cables that go into both sockets dont get hot it should be safe.

(The PSU sends 5Vsb as soon as the PSU is power to give the motherboard the power to wake the system. (like power for keaybord and mouse and more))

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

13 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

My best guess would be that is that the BIOS standard is to have them on when PSU gets power.
And it takes that 'long' to load your personal configuration.

You could possibly prevent this by using an RGB hub.
But its unlikely due to the daisy chaining. As long as the cables that go into both sockets dont get hot it should be safe.

(The PSU sends 5Vsb as soon as the PSU is power to give the motherboard the power to wake the system. (like power for keaybord and mouse and more))

Hey HanZie82,

I see, but then shouldn't every fan do this?

Oh wait, my corsair fans have their own hub. To confirm your theory, I'll try taking one LL120 off the hub and connect it to the motherboard.

So far, all I've read is psu is faulty or what you said. Also, what do you think about using 12VHPWR Cable |600W PCle 5.0 Power Adapter Cable for the gpu? My psu came with one of these but it doesn't say 600w so IDK if they are the same thing