Nvme SSD constant writing to it (while wi-fi on?)

frozensun

Hi guys.

I need someones advice on what to so.

Since the issue is quite strange and unique I wrote on tenforums, so if allowed by mods I will post an issue here:

Help is appreciated, since I really don't know what else to try except to replace nvme SSD.

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/212346-hdd-constant-activity-writing-ssd.html

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Every running system or app will be constantly writing things like logs at the very minimum. Constant drive activity is a given nowadays.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

It is taking my free space significattly.

Yesterday it took 3 gb of space for 2 h and conetinues to shrink free space.

I want to know what is it since I know it is not normal.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Most likely things being written into caches that will eventually be freed.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Most likely things being written into caches that will eventually be freed.

You think so?

So what do you suggest me to do?

Turn on the laptop write free space, leave it 24 h, write free space, reboot, write free space?

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So what do you suggest me to do?

You can use something like TreeSize (in admin mode) and compare between now and a few hours later to see where the additional space is used.

And don't keep duplicating the same post.

F@H

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You can use something like TreeSize (in admin mode) and compare between now and a few hours later to see where the additional space is used.

That would be too complicated since it is writing to system partition and too many folders ane files there.

Is there a way to see what proccess is writing to disk and how much and totally how much while online?

I bet if I leave it online for like 24 h it would take a lot of free space I bet probably more then 10 GB.

For sure it aint malware scanned reinstalled...

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

That would be too complicated since it is writing to system partition and too many folders ane files there.

Whole point of TreeSize, you can launch it once now and analyze C:, then leave it open and launch a 2nd instance later, analyze and compare drilling down as necessary.

The tools you were given in that other thread give you instantaneous readings but they're kinda meaningless.

But yeah, unless you actually run out of space just forget about it.

F@H

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I suggest you stop worrying about it. 😛 

Good one...probably it is my OCD.

I have like dozen of laptops, neither on each of them I saw HDD led constantly blinking (activity).So smth is causing it.

And I am at all in front of laptop.

42 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Whole point of TreeSize, you can launch it once now and analyze C:, then leave it open and launch a 2nd instance later, analyze and compare drilling down as necessary.

The tools you were given in that other thread give you instantaneous readings but they're kinda meaningless.

But yeah, unless you actually run out of space just forget about it.

Ok, sir, will do and take screenshots before and after.

Ok, here is the pic just after connecting to wi-fi.

Actually there is a program called GlassWire, which could help me....just found its tutorial in Computer Actvie mag.

Sorry for me, beeing stubborn, or looking like I don't want help from others...actually I know how each one of my PCs and laptops breath, constant blinking of HDD led not single one has except this Alienware.

Screen Shot 04-14-24 at 02.45 PM.JPG

I think better option would be to find a program which displays all running services and find one which is causing writing to SSD, don't you agree?

Sorr guys, I forgot to connect it to the wifi.

I guess I will have to leave it over night.