MetallicAcid's Monolith FT03

MetallicAcid

That is one fantastic cnc machine, I want one!

Great job with the build man, you seriously cannot post these updates quick enough. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Sweet front

(Facebook is always first :P)

:D much quicker to post up on FB and Instagram before updating the forums and index on first post etc. Besides, when there is time, I like to take my time and give a little more description about what is going on behind the pictures. :)

Yes! Finally!

:) I wish I could work on the case more, but it is hard when my wife and I are on holidays and like to get out and do things with our daughter, and enjoy the summer sun here in Sweden. The sun will soon disappear for 10 months so we have to live it up lol :)

I think my jaw just hit the floor from how good that milling looks. Just let me go buy one now so I can spend my days milling metal to look that good.

If I could buy my own CNC I would. First thing I need though is a garage though :P

That is one fantastic cnc machine, I want one!

Great job with the build man, you seriously cannot post these updates quick enough. 

Thank you Micedits! I wish I could get out updates even faster :D

awesome, well done!

Wasn't tempted to do it by hand? hahahaha

Haha. :P If we did not have holiday and it was summer, then I would have done it by hand at my workplace during night shifts. Would have saved some cash, but it would have taken a MASSIVE amount of time. I spent just 500SEK to get 6 panels milled which is extremely cheap by usual CNC milling standards as I have helped that company in the past with advertisement etc here locally in Sweden ;) Pays to have great contacts!

I got a great price on having the panels powdercoated, so I left them in today. They should be ready for pickup Tues-Wed. I have a package coming in from EK too. I have a packet with Mayhems Pastel coolant waiting to be picked up. Once the panels are back, I will get started on the water cooling parts installation :D

Much drool, many excite, WOW!

/J

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

How are those Be Quiet fans? I might look into those if I ever go back to my 250D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

How are those Be Quiet fans? I might look into those if I ever go back to my 250D

Have not tested them yet but they are supposed to be as good as the Noctua's 80mm. I can report back once they are installed :)

/J

wm1nMWj_zps2faaacec.jpg

Justin's 1st attempt at video editing :)

Hello everyone! I wanted to try my hand at some video editing as this is something that I wish to use more in the future. I would like to present to you my first edited video of my trip out to the CNC mill for this FT03 project!

What do you think, something that I should continue with, or just leave editing the hell alone?
Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

-snip-

That choice of background music doe.

"I want to fuck you like an animal."

"I want to feel you from the inside."

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Actual link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MphDjrtDHYo

Looks great man!

Thanks man :)

That choice of background music doe.

"I want to fuck you like an animal."

"I want to feel you from the inside."

Hehe, I thought the intro worked well with the milling :P

/J

• 3 weeks later...

wm1nMWj_zps2faaacec.jpg

Welcome again to another update :)

My my my, have I been a buy bee or what this last week!! I have some great surprises for you coming over the following days! ;)

This update is to announce 3 new sponsors to this project. EK Waterblocks, Silverstone and Caseking.de. These companies have provided my project with everything else that I need to get this PC finished, and look spectacular in the process! I would like to thank you all for believing in my work!

Silverstone provided me with a Silverstone Strider ST85F-P 850w full modular PSU. I wanted the silverstone PSU because of it's simple cabling from the PSU to the motherboard. No split cables here as compared to any other brand PSU on the market. They also provided all black screws, and the PP05 short cable kit. I chose not to use this cable kit though as the coloured cables could be seen through the sleeving, making the cabling behind the motherboard all kind of hippy.

DSC07230-2_zps14b38e16.jpg

DSC07234-2_zpsb461c655.jpg

Caseking.de agreed to sponsor my project with the PP05-E all black cabled flexible short cable kit, and 3 bottles of Mayhems Pastel Raspberry Purple coolant.

DSC07304-2_zpsa8a18542.jpg

EK Waterblocks provided the FT03 with all that was needed to be able to fill the build with coolant! This included 2xFC780 Nickle plated full cover blocks, 2x black backplates, 1x 110ml reservoir, and all the fittings required to join it all up.

DSC07238-2_zps923fcc00.jpg

DSC07239-2_zps138d9dbf.jpg

DSC07244-2_zps0da14ffe.jpg

DSC07247-2_zps8cd51ca9.jpg

DSC07249-2_zpsa9705b60.jpg

Over the next few updates you will see how I put these thing to use :)

Thank you for reading, and see you at the next update!

Kind regards,

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar out thats awesome. 

No one wanted to sponsor my R4 :( no one? no one? maybe the x99 NCASE M1 will get some attention?

*sigh* or i'll just have to get a divorce and fund it myself I guess...

Looking at how divorces often turn out, it might be that

you'll have less funds afterwards than now. :P

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

-snip-

My my my, have I been a buy bee or what this last week!! I have some great surprises for you coming over the following days! ;)

This update is to announce 3 new sponsors to this project. EK Waterblocks, Silverstone and Caseking.de. These companies have provided my project with everything else that I need to get this PC finished, and look spectacular in the process! I would like to thank you all for believing in my work!

Silverstone provided me with a Silverstone Strider ST85F-P 850w full modular PSU. I wanted the silverstone PSU because of it's simple cabling from the PSU to the motherboard. No split cables here as compared to any other brand PSU on the market. They also provided all black screws, and the PP05 short cable kit. I chose not to use this cable kit though as the coloured cables could be seen through the sleeving, making the cabling behind the motherboard all kind of hippy.

-snip-

Caseking.de agreed to sponsor my project with the PP05-E all black cabled flexible short cable kit, and 3 bottles of Mayhems Pastel Raspberry Purple coolant.

EK Waterblocks provided the FT03 with all that was needed to be able to fill the build with coolant! This included 2xFC780 Nickle plated full cover blocks, 2x black backplates, 1x 110ml reservoir, and all the fittings required to join it all up.

Over the next few updates you will see how I put these thing to use :)

Thank you for reading, and see you at the next update!
Kind regards,

*Heavy breathing*

Those blocks are gorgeous

All the money is on her side

half her shit!

(joking sweetie, joking...)

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar out thats awesome. 

No one wanted to sponsor my R4 :( no one? no one? maybe the x99 NCASE M1 will get some attention?

Thank you d33g33 :) Sorry to hear that no one wanted to sponsor your build mate! I got a lot of "no's" before anyone thought I was deserving. Don't divorce though, you will be less off in the long run. I get my parts in exchange for MANY massages.

True this! 

*Heavy breathing*

Those blocks are gorgeous

They are really nice. The backplates were strange though, they were almost a very dark blue, and sticky! Those things attracted fingerprints like ants to sugar.

More updates coming later today or tomorrow!! Water cooling installation ;)

Kind regards,

Justin.

wm1nMWj_zps2faaacec.jpg

Well well well, with the making of this update the project is almost at an end. In this update, I will be installing the water cooling and filling the loop. This entire process took 2 days for me to complete, as I wanted to get it perfect - and I had some small modding to do along the way. 

I had to drill holes into the top of the FT03 case so that I could route the tubing through the roof, drill matching holes onto the custom top plate which would dress up the top. I cut another plate that sits just above the motherboard IO to further clean up the look. 

I painted the SSD in black so that it blends with the back panel. 

I cleaned up the PSU by painting all of the blue connectors black, then removed all of the stickers so that it doesn't stick out. Then I created custom length cables from the PP05-E Short Cable Kit which was sponsored. 

There may be some other things that I have missed which you might see in the photos. 

So sit back, relax, and please enjoy!

DSC07266-2_zps75f28c3a.jpg

DSC07267-2_zps9894d1bb.jpg

DSC07268-2_zps97e89fb0.jpg

DSC07270-2_zps82fb5c6f.jpg

DSC07271-2_zps05faf3b8.jpg

DSC07272-2_zps5934542d.jpg

DSC07273-2_zpsf5687f90.jpg

DSC07274-2_zps5f2c1b33.jpg

DSC07277-2_zps1a5fb601.jpg

DSC07279-2_zps2d8e134d.jpg

DSC07280-2_zps04692f13.jpg

DSC07281-2_zpsfac731ed.jpg

DSC07284-2_zpsfc5f8b4d.jpg

DSC07292-2_zps8a94bd43.jpg

DSC07293-2_zpsbf81d4c8.jpg

DSC07294-2_zps13886dff.jpg

DSC07295-2_zps1f04fa2c.jpg

DSC07296-2_zps1bf8513e.jpg

DSC07300-2_zps1dfca638.jpg

DSC07302-2_zps91baada3.jpg

DSC07314-2_zps5cf53d33.jpg

DSC07315-2_zps5c8ed461.jpg

DSC07317-2_zpsd926cfda.jpg

DSC07320-2_zpsea211ca4.jpg

DSC07326-2_zpsed5b2511.jpg

DSC07327-2_zps99e25d62.jpg

DSC07328-2_zpsa807a99e.jpg

DSC07332-2_zps5b529d78.jpg

DSC07335-2_zps0a14cf9e.jpg

DSC07340-2_zps088043ed.jpg

DSC07341-2_zps94e75ae0.jpg

DSC07342-2_zps41b6edd8.jpg

DSC07343-2_zps79591e78.jpg

DSC07344-2_zps35fc6591.jpg

DSC07345-2_zpsa499b07f.jpg

DSC07346-2_zpse776f9d2.jpg

DSC07349-2_zpse5cc0b08.jpg

Lucky last photo shows after I had filled it, and tried to get the air from the top of the radiator. I have to warn anyone who is considering doing a loop like this where the pump sits higher than the reservoir... It is not for the faint of heart! I had to hold my case and rotate it all kinds of stupid ways to get the water into the pump so it was primed, and then turn on the pump the get the water circulating. There had to be minimal air inside the radiator so that the return from radiator the GPU would act as a suction. Any air bubbles here would make the water flow noisy. 

I am happy to report though that there was not a single leak though.

DSC07358-2_zps4c85c073.jpg

So with this photo bomb over, I am very happy to inform that I have completed some of the finishing touches on this project. One last update will be released tomorrow, and then the final photos will appear hopefully before the end of the week! :D

So please stay tuned :)

Kind regards,

Wow, that window, those internal tubing runs. I think I might have to come round and take it when you least suspect it :P

There isn't a single criticism I could give, looking at how clean it is. Well done and congratulations are in order I believe!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

So awesome, are you happy with the tubes out the top to the radiator?

I'm assuming some sexy plexi to fill in that EPIC side panel.

Now I just really REALLY want my NCASE M1 to arrive :D

Now that you're finished... get back to that TJ!