Remote access for a business

Hi,

i'm currently using Zoho assist for remote access into my clients computers. I pay £14/$17 a month and this gives me 30 unattended clients then I have to pay extra for another so many clients. 

One thing i'm interested in is the remote access connection widget that can be installed on my website, however Zoho have said I need the enterprise license for this which will come to £33.80/$42 + tax.

I know there are ones such as ISL/Go-to assist etc which are similar prices but not sure if they include the widget for the website etc. Looking at ISL online it looks like you pay £24/ month and it says "unlimited devices, unlimited users", doesn't say anything about  a limit on unattended access or anything to do with the custom domain/website widget?

Can anyone advise from experience?

i've never worked with any of the brands you mention, but i'll tell you this:

remote access for business is very much a case of "you get what you pay for". the expensive ones suck, the cheap ones suck even more.

the one i have most experience with was around the $1 per endpoint mark, on top of a bunch of other licensing and engineer seat stuff. at the end of it we had more cost on this software than on staff wages, but it was EXTREMELY powerful. i could do software installations on the other side of the planet from my home desk faster than the on-site guy could even dream of doing.

what it comes down to is 'what are you using it for?' - in some situations even teamviewer's ridiculous pricing makes sense.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i've never worked with any of the brands you mention, but i'll tell you this:

remote access for business is very much a case of "you get what you pay for". the expensive ones suck, the cheap ones suck even more.

the one i have most experience with was around the $1 per endpoint mark, on top of a bunch of other licensing and engineer seat stuff. at the end of it we had more cost on this software than on staff wages, but it was EXTREMELY powerful. i could do software installations on the other side of the planet from my home desk faster than the on-site guy could even dream of doing.

what it comes down to is 'what are you using it for?' - in some situations even teamviewer's ridiculous pricing makes sense.

I do local IT support as well as supplying new and refurbished hardware. A lot of equipment I sell I offer the client the option for me to install the remote access software and leave it on for 1 month to make sure they are happy with their new PC then quite often uninstall it. Zoho currently charge extra for every 20 unattended devices setup.

I have certain clients and small businesses which ask me to leave it on then I can remote on when required quickly. 

I've used to-go assist in a job I had years ago. Looks like for £31/month they offer unlimited Unattended installs 

https://www.goto.com/it-management/pricing/resolve#feature-list

3 minutes ago, Yosh1 said:

I do local IT support as well as supplying new and refurbished hardware. A lot of equipment I sell I offer the client the option for me to install the remote access software and leave it on for 1 month to make sure they are happy with their new PC then quite often uninstall it. Zoho currently charge extra for every 20 unattended devices setup.

I have certain clients and small businesses which ask me to leave it on then I can remote on when required quickly. 

I've used to-go assist in a job I had years ago. On their pricing I can't see anything to do with unattended installs?

depending on the number of deployments you do, this might actually be that "place where teamviewer makes sense". if you can get away with one engineer seat you can just throw the quicksupport widget on every install you do, and it costs you nothing extra.

i've had a rummage around their site, and as far as i can make out, for 33 bucks per month you can even customize the logo in the QS widget.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

depending on the number of deployments you do, this might actually be that "place where teamviewer makes sense". if you can get away with one engineer seat you can just throw the quicksupport widget on every install you do, and it costs you nothing extra.

i've had a rummage around their site, and as far as i can make out, for 33 bucks per month you can even customize the logo in the QS widget.

Might take the plunge, currently paying £160/year for Zoho and the goto resolve works out at £245 a year

EDIT: Just checked teamviewer (I know when I last looked they want nearly £600 year). Does sound good for 1 technician £36/year with custom branding as you say 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Yosh1 said:

Might take the plunge, currently paying £160/year for Zoho and the goto resolve works out at £245 a year

might be worth to just request a quote from a douzen alternatives, specificly for "quicksupport style remote access", and see where that brings you.

chances are there's a lot of them that have the same functionality, but just how much they'll try to over-license you is already a good indication of how much the company wants to fleece you for money.

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

might be worth to just request a quote from a douzen alternatives, specificly for "quicksupport style remote access", and see where that brings you.

chances are there's a lot of them that have the same functionality, but just how much they'll try to over-license you is already a good indication of how much the company wants to fleece you for money.

Will do!

Ouchy Teamviewer comes out at nearly £500 + taxes 

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Having switched between Anydesk, Teamviewer, Aeroadmin, ZoHo, Hamachi's thing, splashtop,... a lot since I'd say it's either Anydesk or Teamviewer in this instance and the pricing isn't bad, the ease of use and understanding is there and you have A BUNCH of unattended licenses available (manage engine is something else that can work but thats just part of it the remote control and its also different purpose ish also kinda sucks but it is an option to look this direction)

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Having switched between Anydesk, Teamviewer, Aeroadmin, ZoHo, Hamachi's thing, splashtop,... a lot since I'd say it's either Anydesk or Teamviewer in this instance and the pricing isn't bad, the ease of use and understanding is there and you have A BUNCH of unattended licenses available (manage engine is something else that can work but thats just part of it the remote control and its also different purpose ish also kinda sucks but it is an option to look this direction)

Got GoTo calling me tomorrow for a quick chat to see if they can ammend the quote for me.

Teamviewer seems way to costly for what I need. I may as well pay Zoho and just have the additional 10-12 unattended licenses as I require them. 

I found MeshCentral.  It is more of a Remote Management system but has Remote Access as well.

It requires you to set up a Server and install Agents on the target PC.

I am just starting out with it and don't have it running outside my home network yet.

As a Remote Managment system it is more for Corporate/Enterprise management and control of the PC, so when you install the Agent, it loads as an automatic service and essentially "calls home" when it boot up.  Therefore MeshCentral can get access to the target PC anytime.  You would have to write your own scripts to Start and Stop the service if you don't want the automatic service loading.

On 4/14/2024 at 4:47 AM, SnoopyPA30 said:

I found MeshCentral.  It is more of a Remote Management system but has Remote Access as well.

It requires you to set up a Server and install Agents on the target PC.

I am just starting out with it and don't have it running outside my home network yet.

As a Remote Managment system it is more for Corporate/Enterprise management and control of the PC, so when you install the Agent, it loads as an automatic service and essentially "calls home" when it boot up.  Therefore MeshCentral can get access to the target PC anytime.  You would have to write your own scripts to Start and Stop the service if you don't want the automatic service loading.

I have been playing about with "Active1" which seems very good for monitoring. 100 clients to start with then you need to request for a quote from there.