PC Bootlooping.

Go to solution Solved by Birblover12,

Perhaps the GPU was slightly loose? Quite possible it was moved/bumped/whatever enough that the GPU managed to sliver out just enough to not make contact with the PCIE slot, so perhaps make sure the little "clip" is fully engaged so that doesn't happen again. It's also possible that the PC had a windows moment and it managed to fix itself somehow when you removed and readded the GPU. 

I'm currently working on an older build for a friend which I've completed and tested for several hours last week with these specs.

i7 7700
H110M 
8GB DDR4 2666Mhz

GT 610 (As a test GPU)

Today, I tried to turn in back on to check if everything is ok before he picks it up, and to my surprise it doesn't post and for some reason started boot looping indefinitely when I tried to restart it by unplugging the power. I removed the graphics card and for some reason the PC boots up as normal, loads into windows and works perfectly fine. I then reinstalled the graphics card to see if it was dead and for some unknown reasons, it still turns on and works as normal. Is this quite normal or is there something that I should be aware of? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Perhaps the GPU was slightly loose? Quite possible it was moved/bumped/whatever enough that the GPU managed to sliver out just enough to not make contact with the PCIE slot, so perhaps make sure the little "clip" is fully engaged so that doesn't happen again. It's also possible that the PC had a windows moment and it managed to fix itself somehow when you removed and readded the GPU. 

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

5 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I did make sure that the clip was fully engaged before turning it on. I just haven't been touching the system for the last few days and it just has been sitting without cover in my desk with no power. But, I think you might be right, the GPU might've been bumped since for some reason even with the clip fully engaged and the GPU slotted in all the way (it had an audible click) it is still quite loose if I didn't screw it in (I forgot to mention that the build was without a case since my friend had his own). Thanks for the help!