Trying to figure out which AIB for AMD GPUs

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 hours ago, Saber Tyranous said:

So I have been looking at other board partners for AMD and have been debating on which is best to look at.

They're all fine. Some people tend to prefer going for the AMD specific partners (I.E. Sapphire, XFX, ASRock, PowerColor, etc.), but even that's not too big a deal. Just get whichever card is cheaper. All their RMA departments are about the same, so going for one over another isn't really going to help you. 

I am currently debating between Asrock and Gigabyte which are brands I know of,

If you're going to avoid anyone, make it Gigabyte. They have very much made some good AMD cards, but most of the AMD cards I'm aware of that truly have issues aside from reference cards are Gigabyte cards. 

A little context, I have a custom built pc currently running a RTX 2080 Super from MSI and a 3900X that I built 4 years ago. My CPU has been running solid, but my 2080 is starting to lag behind in some games, and I decided it is time for an upgrade. I have decided on either a RX 7900 XT or 7900 XTX leaning more toward the XT at the moment to save a bit of money, but right now, MSI does not have a XT available anywhere. So I have been looking at other board partners for AMD and have been debating on which is best to look at. Any suggestions on which board partners are good for this card in regards to support and such as I already deal with troublesome vendors in my day to day job and don't want to add my graphics card vendor to the list if something goes awry. I am currently debating between Asrock and Gigabyte which are brands I know of, but don't know the quality of work and support from them. Any guidance would be appreciated.

So I have been looking at other board partners for AMD and have been debating on which is best to look at.

They're all fine. Some people tend to prefer going for the AMD specific partners (I.E. Sapphire, XFX, ASRock, PowerColor, etc.), but even that's not too big a deal. Just get whichever card is cheaper. All their RMA departments are about the same, so going for one over another isn't really going to help you. 

I am currently debating between Asrock and Gigabyte which are brands I know of,

If you're going to avoid anyone, make it Gigabyte. They have very much made some good AMD cards, but most of the AMD cards I'm aware of that truly have issues aside from reference cards are Gigabyte cards. 

In sequence

1. Buy a 7900 GRE or 7900 XT

2. Sell the 2080 Super

3. Buy a 5800X3D

4. Sell the 3900X