Asus g10 rtx 3050 i5 11400f

Bismarck4117

Where should i mount a 120 mm aio at ? Cpu hitting 84 degrees celsus

A bit to tosty for my likeing

IMG20231225123539.jpg

I'd buy a thermal assassin (and maybe Arctic P12 as case fans)

I'm willing to swim against the current.

3 hours ago, Bismarck4117 said:

Where should i mount a 120 mm aio at ? Cpu hitting 84 degrees celsus

A bit to tosty for my likeing

IMG20231225123539.jpg

A small rather low-profile air cooler will be enough. I had a prebuilt with the same exact shitty cooler on an i7-9700 and put in a beQuiet Shadow Rock LP and it kept that CPU way cooler and it wasn't nearly as loud. It was so quiet in fact that I couldn't even hear that cooler over the loud 80mm case fan

A 120mm is a waste of money for most cases, except the smallest. Get an air cooler or, if you've got a really hot CPU, get a 240, 280, 360 or 420mm AIO.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

10 hours ago, Bismarck4117 said:

Can a aio be used as exaust

Yes, absolutely!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 minute ago, Bismarck4117 said:

Is it good though ?

Depends on where you put it, really. For some configurations, it's better on intake, others on exhaust. I'm currently almost done with testing that.

This is the aio im getting do i need to get thermal paste Thermalright Aqua Elite 120 V3 Aio CPU Cooler

9 hours ago, Bismarck4117 said:

This is the aio im getting do i need to get thermal paste Thermalright Aqua Elite 120 V3 Aio CPU Cooler

Again, i wouldnt get an AIO, especially for an 11400F and definitely not a 120mm, any half decent air cooler will usually perform better than a 120mm AIO and will be the same price, Thermalrights phantom spirit lineup can compete with most 240mm AIOs and is the same price as the 120mm, to boot, it wont need replaced in half a dozen years when that AIO possibly gives up, itll last til computers no longer exist if taken care of

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Im upgradeding down the line and the case only has vents for the back fans because asus decide to cast in the vents for my front of the case 

29 minutes ago, Bismarck4117 said:

Im upgradeding down the line and the case only has vents for the back fans because asus decide to cast in the vents for my front of the case 

Still, an air cooler will be better for the later upgrade, no?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

10 hours ago, Bismarck4117 said:

It comes with decent paste. 

1 hour ago, Bismarck4117 said:

Instead of wasting money on a 120 AIO, buy an inexpensive case and a great air cooler.  A 120 is not a good choice for the rear unless you have no choice and your case is like iTX or micro-ATX. Even then there are better cases in that size. There is literally no good reason not to do this.