Is there a better alternative to AW2725DF?

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
14 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Basically one that would be 1440p-2180p ~240Hz OLED, not ultrawide is CORSAIR XENEON 27QHD240. That costs ~900€.

There's not good place to find the OLED monitors here like PCPartpicker unfortunately, so can't tell if I've missed any.

The Corsair model is a slightly inferior version of the LG monitor, so for this price it isn't worth it. And since the LG is only 44€ less expensive, I'd suggest going with the inital Dell model.

Budget (including currency): around 1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  All the games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Existing parts are in my profile, but main parts are Intel i5 14600KF, 64GB DDR4 3600MT/s, RTX 4070.

The prices here are not like anywhere else. 

AW2725DF price when it becomes available is ~840€

Is there any 27" 240Hz+ OLED that's better? The cheaper the better, but the performance should be on the level with AW2725DF

For instance AOC AG276QZD costs about same here, but is not better in any aspect, at least by reviews.

I edit my posts more often than not

It really depends on what you deem is worth it as the alienware is basically top of its class.

Do keep in mind that with an oled this screen will change over its lifespan like lowered max brightness to hide burnin.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It really depends on what you deem is worth it as the alienware is basically top of its class.

Do keep in mind that with an oled this screen will change over its lifespan like lowered max brightness to hide burnin.

Yeah, I'm aware of the potential burn-in. Using dark Windows theme and not lingering  in bright scenes should minimize the potential damage I hope.

I think I'm 90% sure I'll order the AW2725DF when it becomes available. Costs quite a lot, but in theory should be worth it I hope.

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of the potential burn-in. Using dark Windows theme and not lingering  in bright scenes should minimize the potential damage I hope.

I think I'm 90% sure I'll order the AW2725DF when it becomes available. Costs quite a lot, but in theory should be worth it I hope.

Auto hide taskbar, have shifting wallpapers, avoid using too much static productivity apps,... the usual and you'll eb mostly good

Oled is quite nice. I personally wouldnt want it since I do 10 yeara with a screen with ease and am using quite nicely color calibrated screens already.

But if you want a great gaming and content consumption acreen its hard to get better

I found that  MSI 271QRX is cheaper in some regions and even has some advantages over the AW2725DF, but unfortunately it's not available in my region. 

I'd recommend to also have a look at the LG 27GR95QE-B and the Asus PG27AQDM. Both of these are good alternatives if you don't mind the lower, but still high 240Hz refresh rate. Depending on how much they cost in your region, they might be good alternatives.

Dell Alienware AW2725DF vs LG 27GR95QE-B Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison - RTINGS.com

Dell Alienware AW2725DF vs ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison - RTINGS.com

Maybe 4K 240Hz QD-OLED monitors are also an option in your budget?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd recommend to also have a look at the LG 27GR95QE-B and the Asus PG27AQDM. Both of these are good alternatives if you don't mind the lower, but still high 240Hz refresh rate. Depending on how much they cost in your region, they might be good alternatives.

Dell Alienware AW2725DF vs LG 27GR95QE-B Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison - RTINGS.com

Dell Alienware AW2725DF vs ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison - RTINGS.com

Maybe 4K 240Hz QD-OLED monitors are also an option in your budget?

The LG one is indeed a tad less pricey, but I think it's the "2nd gen OLED" with some caveats. Not sure, but I think the latest gen should be a tad better in some aspects.

The Asus one costs remarkably more and by specs it does not seem better much from AW2725DF.

The UFO test show that there's marginal difference between 240Hz and 360Hz in picture clarity, but still.

4K is mostly for 32" monitors. And I prefer a bit higher framerate on 1440p resolution, but the main reason being - the speakers on my desk block monitors with larger diagonals than 27".  4k is still "the future" for me at least.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

The LG one is indeed less pricey, but I think it's the "2nd gen OLED" with some caveats. Not sure, but I think the latest gen should be a tad better in some aspects.

The Asus one costs remarkably more and by specs it does not seem better much from AW2725DF.

The LG is slightly inferior to the AW2725DF. I mainly posted it as a cheaper but still very good alternative. The Asus isn't worth it if it's more expensive than the Dell. I wouldn't consider the LG either if it wasn't significantly cheaper than the Dell.

The differences between the LG and the Dell come from the use of different OLED technologies. The LG uses a WOLED panel, while the Dell uses a QD OLED panel. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, which you can read about in the RTINGS comparison I posted earlier, but overall I'd say the QD OLED technology used in the Dell is slightly better.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The LG is slightly inferior to the AW2725DF. I mainly posted it as a cheaper but still very good alternative. The Asus isn't worth it if it's more expensive than the Dell. I wouldn't consider the LG either if it wasn't significantly cheaper than the Dell.

The differences between the LG and the Dell come from the use of different OLED technologies. The LG uses a WOLED panel, while the Dell uses a QD OLED panel. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, which you can read about in the RTINGS comparison I posted earlier, but overall I'd say the QD OLED technology used in the Dell is slightly better.

Perhaps I'm just trying to confirm that choosing AW2725DF is the best choice, but still.

LG 27GR95QE-B costs ~794€

Dell AW2725DF costs ~ 838€

Asus PG27AQDM costs ~950€

I think I'll go with the Dell, but thanks for constructive criticism, that was what I was after I believe.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Perhaps I'm just trying to confirm that choosing AW2725DF is the best choice, but still.

LG 27GR95QE-B costs ~794€

Dell AW2725DF costs ~ 838€

Asus PG27AQDM costs ~950€

I think I'll go with the Dell, but thanks for constructive criticism, that was what I was after I believe.

Are there any other 1440p 240Hz+ OLED monitors available in your region and budget? Knowing every available model and price might help me give you better advice.

20 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Are there any other 1440p 240Hz+ OLED monitors available in your region and budget? Knowing every available model and price might help me give you better advice.

Basically one that would be 1440p ~240Hz OLED, not ultrawide is CORSAIR XENEON 27QHD240. That costs ~900€.

There's not good place to find the OLED monitors here like PCPartpicker unfortunately, so can't tell if I've missed any.

Edit: oh, AOC Agon AG276QZD is also available ~850€

And also - not going to go after 32" monitors (2160p)

14 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Basically one that would be 1440p-2180p ~240Hz OLED, not ultrawide is CORSAIR XENEON 27QHD240. That costs ~900€.

The Corsair model is a slightly inferior version of the LG monitor, so for this price it isn't worth it. And since the LG is only 44€ less expensive, I'd suggest going with the inital Dell model.

Unfortunately the shop where the monitor was about to become available seems to now have problems with supply. So not going to wait 2 months when and if it will arrive.

Also found the cheapest 27" 240Hz OLED - KTC G27P6 ~720€ but probably will not go that path either. But thanks to everyone for advice!