Is the Arc A770 a Viable Option compared to RX 7600 XT or RTX 4060 Ti

Pick a viable gaming card option that won’t planner when trying to power my LG 75 inch 4K HDR 10+ television as it’s main display I know the intel ark ha come along way, hence my question. And asked for the card so would be all 16 GB models and I am comparing. But because over my Chassis (SilverStone SG13 with USB-C I/O Upgrade) is limited to total physical dual slot GPU. 

I’m going to be gaming on a RTX 4050 laptop and returning a rent to own tower policy until I can assemble this computer. and since I’ll be going with a Ernel storage set up for the most part, limiting the options to thunderbolt for options. Which in a mini ITX is very few and in between. But found a good one with the ASRock Z790 PG-ITX/TB4.

I’m due to the fact that I do stream and some content creation have decided to invest in an I-7 chip as well as 32 gigs of ram. Due to the case, not having any windows was going to go with a Noctua NH-L9i-17xx chromax.black 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler. 

my choice of a SeaSonic FOCUS SGX (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply might be over kill but leaves head room not to mention its 12y warenty.

my game options are a bit more varied with second life being the definite power-hungry beast that it is.

- American Truck Simulator (ATS)

- Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

- Second Life

- Final Fantasy Games PC Ports

- Tomb Raider (2013)

- Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018)

- Bioshock Remastered

- Bioshock 2 Remastered

- Bioshock Infinite 

- Lego Games

- Some Point and Click Games

- Storyboard Games

I am including a PC part liquor, pickers list, just for what I have managed to piece together so far. Again it is incomplete and hence why I was trying to pick a compatible graphics card for what I wanna do. And even though that my CPU is a variant. It will not be doing any overclocking with the cooler I have chosen.  For for streaming/content creation and multitasking.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtkwJy

All 3 are solid choices, I’d say the A770 would help a bit with the dedicated AV1 hardware for streaming or recording, but then so would nvenc in hevc on the 4060ti.

The one that kinda sits out is the 7600 XT, it’s below the 4060ti by a decent margin.

Id go A770 if you’re using AV1, 4060ti for pure performance. 

That pc is extremely poor value and also wont work well.

A nh9l can't cool a 14600k to save it's life let alone an i7

The board is EXTREMELY overpriced.

How badly does it need to be itx? What are the space requirements?

What is the issue with storage? You have plenty options for sata drives in that case. Or a nas.

All the gpu's listed are NOT 4k gaming gpu's merely 1080p aimed cards.

Id REALLY shift budget away from board and cpu to a better gpu as a 14600k is no slouch in editing at all and streaming.

The Intel arc a770 is a poor option, mainly due to its bad drivers. I owned one myself, and I was very disappointed. I replaced it with a 3070 after two months of using it. You will be a lot better off getting 7600 xt or a 4060 ti. Maybe you could buy it and wait for the drivers to get better, but that may take a while, and I wouldn't say it is worth it. You could also buy a used 3070 for around 330 USD on eBay, and the performance would be a lot better, but a 4060 ti and a 7600 xt would also be fine. 

Posted (edited)

Edited below from messed up format as well as Internet, error and double post

Edited by Wittwe AB Grw
Was too confusing so rewrote the message

and sure it’s because the fact I’m using my LG 75 inch 4K HDR 10+ with HDMI 2.1 that I worry about if the graphic card is going to have a enough behind it. but if I didn’t go with the existing case that I have now and just bite the bullet and bought a brand new thermal core P3 pro, that would open up and a lot more options for clearances.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

That pc is extremely poor value and also wont work well.

A nh9l can't cool a 14600k to save it's life let alone an i7

The board is EXTREMELY overpriced.

How badly does it need to be itx? What are the space requirements?

What is the issue with storage? You have plenty options for sata drives in that case. Or a nas.

All the gpu's listed are NOT 4k gaming gpu's merely 1080p aimed cards.

Id REALLY shift budget away from board and cpu to a better gpu as a 14600k is no slouch in editing at all and streaming.

well, that would be as if I use the existing silverstone SG 13 case. Was trying to keep the cost down by trying to reuse some parts. But don’t have many to be honest. I’ve also considered just getting a thermaltake, core P3 pro case. Because it is a reasonable cost and has a wall mound option, which would be really nice for space savings. I just came down to on the price the CPU cooler as clearance wise. The old Silverstone SG13 case is kind of hard to work with in the modern days because of hardware  options.

52 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

The Intel arc a770 is a poor option, mainly due to its bad drivers. I owned one myself, and I was very disappointed. I replaced it with a 3070 after two months of using it. You will be a lot better off getting 7600 xt or a 4060 ti. Maybe you could buy it and wait for the drivers to get better, but that may take a while, and I wouldn't say it is worth it. You could also buy a used 3070 for around 330 USD on eBay, and the performance would be a lot better, but a 4060 ti and a 7600 xt would also be fine. 

Yes, it was a drivers that worried me the most about the arc 770. From what I can see the best performance would be the 4060 TI. But I wasn’t sure if the performance boost was worth the extra 150 to 250 more dollars for it. a 7600 XT is not a bad option as well, but if my gonna end up upping the price to a 7600 XT would it be worth just throwing the extra few bucks in for the RTX 4060 TI for the ray tracing. Since I enjoy the visuals after all.

10 minutes ago, Wittwe AB Grw said:

and sure it’s because the fact I’m using my LG 75 inch 4K HDR 10+ with HDMI 2.1 that I worry about if the graphic card is going to have a enough behind it. but if I didn’t go with the existing case that I have now and just bite the bullet and bought a brand new thermal core P3 pro, that would open up and a lot more options for clearances.

4k gaming on a a770 7600xt or 4060ti is basically medium/low and hope it does 60fps if not using any dlss or fsr. With dlss or fsr a solid medium is for sure doable. Still just 60fps.

These are not cards made with 4k in mind at all basically.

What are the space constraints btw?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MgVBt7

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($284.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.00 @ MSI)
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($94.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 TG Pro ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Walmart)
Keyboard: Logitech K350 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard  (Purchased For $0.00)
Mouse: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball  (Purchased For $0.00)
Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 120 W 2.1-Channel Speakers  (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $1491.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-29 12:30 EDT-0400

13600k ia the same exact cpu as the 14600k. The 14600k is just a product refresh.

Else spent all money saved on a WAY better gpu. Still wont do 4k high fps but it will do 60 higher settings no problem.

Also way better cooling and everything

Windows just go on ebay for a 5$ license or something dont pay retail price

54 minutes ago, jaslion said:

4k gaming on a a770 7600xt or 4060ti is basically medium/low and hope it does 60fps if not using any dlss or fsr. With dlss or fsr a solid medium is for sure doable. Still just 60fps.

These are not cards made with 4k in mind at all basically.

What are the space constraints btw?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MgVBt7

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($284.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.00 @ MSI)
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($94.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 TG Pro ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Walmart)
Keyboard: Logitech K350 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard  (Purchased For $0.00)
Mouse: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball  (Purchased For $0.00)
Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 120 W 2.1-Channel Speakers  (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $1491.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-29 12:30 EDT-0400

13600k ia the same exact cpu as the 14600k. The 14600k is just a product refresh.

Else spent all money saved on a WAY better gpu. Still wont do 4k high fps but it will do 60 higher settings no problem.

Also way better cooling and everything

Windows just go on ebay for a 5$ license or something dont pay retail price

Space constraints come down to the fact that this is my personal bedroom, got a queen size bed karaoke cab that is 75 inch TV and a dresser. The actual space constraints I was referring to was the fact that the Silverstone SG 13 is a shoebox chassis. But thinking that I may go ahead and bite the bullet and invest in a thermal take core pro that I can wall mount between the door and my television. That way it won’t take up any floor space and cable routing wouldn’t be that bad and easy to hide the cables. Going with this new I can upgrade into a nicer option for a GPU. but it definitely seems like since I do want to do some online mode with my trucking game as well as being able to power things like life. Something like a five or seven CPU, with a decent cooler I am gonna go with a thermal tag to hit the maximum into that core P3 pro, considering like the thermal take 420 mm AIO. Just to get the maximum amount of cooling. Even though I do prefer air cooling for simplicity. It’s just I’ve had situations where it has had overheating with air cooling, particularly in a closed chassis. So that’s why I’m gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and upgrade to an open Air Chassis Core P3 pro.

i’m on a sidenote I really do enjoy the eye candy and different things. Though some of them are not that demanding like ATS. But I have debated on whether to go RX rRadeon or RTX GeForce. I wish radon was able to get a hold of the Ray tracing ability like the GeForce. Because we really hate to say it, but Nvidia has gotten really really expensive anymore, which would probably make my brother (Chris Ray “One Cool Cat”) who wrote beta driver is for them roll over in his grave. 

since I do like to turn up the video quality settings, would you recommend a 7800 XT or something like say a 4070 Super?

6 minutes ago, Wittwe AB Grw said:

Just to get the maximum amount of cooling. Even though I do prefer air cooling for simplicity. It’s just I’ve had situations where it has had overheating with air cooling, particularly in a closed chassis. So that’s why I’m gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and upgrade to an open Air Chassis Core P3 pro.

Just keep in mind the peerless 120 is an AMAZING cooler btw and EASILY cools a 13600k.

Thermalrake aio's are quite overpriced for their performance an arctic liquid freezer III is the top end of water cooling whilst also being amongst the cheapest.

19 minutes ago, Wittwe AB Grw said:

wish radon was able to get a hold of the Ray tracing ability like the GeForce.

If you want 4k and raytracing no offering from either in budget can do it.

Actually what is the budget? I assumed 1500 usd here

36 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just keep in mind the peerless 120 is an AMAZING cooler btw and EASILY cools a 13600k.

Thermalrake aio's are quite overpriced for their performance an arctic liquid freezer III is the top end of water cooling whilst also being amongst the cheapest.

If you want 4k and raytracing no offering from either in budget can do it.

Actually what is the budget? I assumed 1500 usd here

Actually never mentioned a budget. Was trying to stay under cost of what it would cost to pay off my Went to Own (RTO) pc that still under the $2600 but 2k seamed reasonable. I am returning that rent to own computer. Because I have HP fixing my gaming laptop at the moment. Plus, I also have my steam deck to hold me over.

ideally would like to get it built sooner than later, between 1500 and 2000 would take several months.

There’s games that I enjoy setting on, but there’s also games that I’m not crazy enough to turn the settings up on. Example is ATS is not that hard to run Ray tracing. in fact, I see it in my options on my laptop with an RTX 3050 and it does pretty well 30 FPS. Yes I know most people don’t consider that a playable right. Before this laptop, my average FPS 10 to 12. I would like to get it up to 60 with the new computer build. At least it would be nice. But 30 to 45 FPS would be manageable in my eyes. 

I am definitely leery of anything like a 4080. Because I’m pretty sure the 4070 is almost as good. We’re talking a lot of money at that point. Was trying to save some money on the GPU but it seems like because of the TV resolution to fully utilize. It was going to have to invest there. Maybe instead of i7 or an ryzen7 I could go mange with a i5 or ryzen5.