PC audio Mic input jacks not working

So ever since I got a new desktop replacement for my old laptop I have been running into issues with the mic input jacks both on the motherboard and front panel. When I plug in my headphones Windows detects them but with barely any input, I cranked up the volume of the mic to 100% in Windows settings and have to talk really loudly for it to pick up my voice. When I recorded myself testing it at full volume all I hear was this really annoying buzzing/static sound and a very like far away from the mic type of voice.  The output jack (Headphone jack) works just fine. I thought "Huh maybe my headphone connector has a loose or broken wire in the plug" yeah that's not the problem cause I used my phones audio jack and it just works. Idk if my drivers are bad but when I tried installing a new version of the same drivers (some Realtek High Definition Audio driver) it failed to install. I have no idea if i have to install some kind of AMD driver (laptop was an Intel platform) on the desktop, but I truly don't know what kind of sorcery was used in this build but its annoying.
P.s. posting my specs (might help):

• Ryzen 5 5600x;
  • Gigabyte A520M K V2 (rev. 1.0);
  • Gigabyte RTX 4060 WINDFORCE OC 8G