3080 TI founders edition crash or shut off

Can somebody help me I have a 3080 TI founders edition with a AMD 3900 X when I’m in the middle of gaming, my GPU crash and restart my computer. I have a Corsair 850w power supply. When I’m playing games, the crash sometimes doesn’t happen right away sometimes I can be playing for a couple hours and then it does it after the restart majority of the time it keeps on crashing until I shut it off and leave it off for a few hours. Is it a power supply issue or is it a graphics card issue? 

1 hour ago, Zachary Clark said:

Can somebody help me I have a 3080 TI founders edition with a AMD 3900 X when I’m in the middle of gaming, my GPU crash and restart my computer. I have a Corsair 850w power supply. When I’m playing games, the crash sometimes doesn’t happen right away sometimes I can be playing for a couple hours and then it does it after the restart majority of the time it keeps on crashing until I shut it off and leave it off for a few hours. Is it a power supply issue or is it a graphics card issue? 

Whats your entire systems specs

Temps

and what power supply do you have?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Does it BSOD or just cut to black?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

Does it BSOD or just cut to black?

Black the four computer doesn’t turn completely off just the GPU

8 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Whats your entire systems specs

Temps

and what power supply do you have?

system specs https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zachary_clark/saved/sHWygs

Temps GPU 60C to 80c CPU 55 to 70c

I just upgraded my power supply from CORSAIR - RMx Series RM850x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - Black
to CORSAIR - RMx Series RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - Black

1 hour ago, Zachary Clark said:

system specs https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zachary_clark/saved/sHWygs

Temps GPU 60C to 80c CPU 55 to 70c

I just upgraded my power supply from CORSAIR - RMx Series RM850x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - Black
to CORSAIR - RMx Series RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - Black

Can you double check the 12pin connector for the GPU? I know there were issues with them not getting fully seated.

Did you recently add the 3080ti? Did you get it from a legit source?

5 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Can you double check the 12pin connector for the GPU? I know there were issues with them not getting fully seated.

Did you recently add the 3080ti? Did you get it from a legit source?

I can check it again. I have done that a few times also I had it for a year now and it started doing this back in December or January maybe a little bit before that, but not like it’s doing now. I know a few times it restarts I go to do something and the GPU such off and reboot, my computer and a few times it locks up the whole computer.

20 hours ago, Zachary Clark said:

List is Private

20 hours ago, Zachary Clark said:

I just upgraded my power supply

Assuming this didn't fix the issue, I'd reseat the CPU and be careful when tightening the cooler to do it in a cross/star pattern. The fact that it crashes and refuses to be stable for a while says to me that it's a heat issue. A near perfect seating of the CPU can mean that it's fine until it heats up and components expand and pins just barely lose contact. Wouldn't hurt to reseat RAM as well

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

29 minutes ago, OddOod said:

List is Private

Assuming this didn't fix the issue, I'd reseat the CPU and be careful when tightening the cooler to do it in a cross/star pattern. The fact that it crashes and refuses to be stable for a while says to me that it's a heat issue. A near perfect seating of the CPU can mean that it's fine until it heats up and components expand and pins just barely lose contact. Wouldn't hurt to reseat RAM as well

OK, as of right now just doing the new PSU I haven’t had any issues