8yrs old psu upgrade

Qwertyuiop
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
13 minutes ago, Qwertyuiop said:

I did find be quiet pure power 12m 850w. What do u think, its around my budget aswell

Very good PSU with 10 year warranty as well.  Its also very quiet 🙂

Its 100w more than the RM750x so thats a plus.
You won't be able to tell the difference between these PSU's they are both high quality PSU's.

Go with the one you want, there is no right or wrong here.  Both will do really well  🙂

Been hearing buzzing/whining for a few days now on my seasonic m12 evo series 750w, it does stop at some point regardless if idle or on load its been 8yrs more or less since i bought this so planning to upgrade now.

Wondering if whats a good psu to buy that would hopefully last same as this if not longer. Thinking of sticking to 750w range, fully modular aswell. Will be running it on dual 144hz monitor setup w ryzen 2700x+5700xt. Would be buying it locally, cant really say what my budget is as i live in asia though im looking at corsair rm750x, so probably around that spec. Something cheaper and ofc better would be nice aswell. 

RMx is a decent PSU so hard to find something cheaper and better. I guess you could look at the  less well known brands.

41 minutes ago, Qwertyuiop said:

Been hearing buzzing/whining for a few days now on my seasonic m12 evo series 750w, it does stop at some point regardless if idle or on load its been 8yrs more or less since i bought this so planning to upgrade now.

Wondering if whats a good psu to buy that would hopefully last same as this if not longer. Thinking of sticking to 750w range, fully modular aswell. Will be running it on dual 144hz monitor setup w ryzen 2700x+5700xt. Would be buying it locally, cant really say what my budget is as i live in asia though im looking at corsair rm750x, so probably around that spec. Something cheaper and ofc better would be nice aswell. 

I personaly ONLY use the RMi/RMx series from Corsair! They are reliable, silent and efficient.
I use an RMi 750w in my own system with a 7700x and overclocked RTX 4080.

I can definitely recommend the RMx from Corsair, I have used well over 50 RMx PSU's so far without any issues.

12 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I personaly ONLY use the RMi/RMx series from Corsair! They are reliable, silent and efficient.
I use an RMi 750w in my own system with a 7700x and overclocked RTX 4080.

I can definitely recommend the RMx from Corsair, I have used well over 50 RMx PSU's so far without any issues.

I have RMx and RMe, the latter do not seem to be bad, just use noiser fans but I over-specced the PSUs (so I have room to upgrade later) so this is never an issue.

Or take your pick from Tier A.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

9 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I have RMx and RMe, the latter do not seem to be bad, just use noiser fans but I over-specced the PSUs (so I have room to upgrade later) so this is never an issue.

Or take your pick from Tier A.

That is why I dont use the RMe series due to the noiser fan.  Its absolutely a great option for a bit of a 'budget build' but I like my silence 🙂

The RMe uses a cheaper 120mm fan compared to a higher quality 140mm fan on the RMi/RMx series.

The RMe also uses 'cheaper' components, hence why the warranty is only 7 years compared to the RMx's 10.

7 years is still a decent warranty however.

14 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

That is why I dont use the RMe series due to the noiser fan.  Its absolutely a great option for a bit of a 'budget build' but I like my silence 🙂

The RMe uses a cheaper 120mm fan compared to a higher quality 140mm fan on the RMi/RMx series.

The RMe also uses 'cheaper' components, hence why the warranty is only 7 years compared to the RMx's 10.

For the most part there really is no point going for the RMe, but it just happened to be more readily available so I got it.

Out of all the Corsair PSUs I have (and it happens to be a lot), I can't hear the fan on any of them, nor any coil whine.  Its always the case fans, CPU fans or the GPU itself making the noise.

I do agree though, the pitch of the noise is such that a 120mm tends to be annoying where a 140mm may not be even if technically they are emitting the same dB.  But I've not managed to cause them to crank up enough to hear at all.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

For the most part there really is no point going for the RMe, but it just happened to be more readily available so I got it.

Out of all the Corsair PSUs I have (and it happens to be a lot), I can't hear the fan on any of them, nor any coil whine.  Its always the case fans, CPU fans or the GPU itself making the noise.

Agreed.  Been very happy with all my Corsair PSU's.  I haven't heard the fan on my RMi 750w at all, the dust filter is completely clean every time I check.

Its just so efficient it doesn't really need to use its fan that much if at all.

There is some slight coilwhine from my personal unit but only audible if I remove my sidepanel and actually put my ear ontop of the PSU so its not an issue.

I will be upgrading to the RM1000x once the 5090 releases.. Unless they managed to keep power consumption low with the new node.

11 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

How noisy are we talking about say compare to m12evo ii series. Would it be as noisy or more/less noisy, just a preference as i was not bothered for yrs ive used my seasonic. Since its my 1st time changing psu, im not well versed on how noisy other psus can get

2 minutes ago, Qwertyuiop said:

How noisy are we talking about say compare to m12evo ii series. Would it be as noisy or more/less noisy, just a preference as i was not bothered for yrs ive used my seasonic. Since its my 1st time changing psu, im not well versed on how noisy other psus can get

I have heard people complain about the RMe series fan noise but some people are definitely more sensitive to these types of noises, me included.

I have personaly never tried the RMe series.

The RMx/RMi will be silent.

29 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I have heard people complain about the RMe series fan noise but some people are definitely more sensitive to these types of noises, me included.

I have personaly never tried the RMe series.

The RMx/RMi will be silent.

Plus the extra 3 years warranty with better components.

3 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Plus the extra 3 years warranty with better components.

Are there any other brand/models i could look into. Sadly as of now i see rm850x and rm750 is available locally

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Don't buy anything less than ATX3.0 if you really need 750w or more.

For 750w https://hwbusters.com/best_picks/best-atxv3-pcie5-ready-psus-picks-hardware-busters/2/

For 850w https://hwbusters.com/best_picks/best-atxv3-pcie5-ready-psus-picks-hardware-busters/3/

Look at the overall performance chart.

Unfortunately i cant seem to find those models available locally, would u mind checking the ones avail via this sites and choose from it. Budget would not more than 130usd(straight converted to ph peso)

https://pchubonline.com/browse?product=all&br=true&ct=false&sort=price-desc&y[0]=PSU

https://dynaquestpc.com/collections/power-supply?page=6&sort_by=price-descending

I did find be quiet pure power 12m 850w. What do u think, its around my budget aswell

13 minutes ago, Qwertyuiop said:

Very good PSU with 10 year warranty as well.  Its also very quiet 🙂

Its 100w more than the RM750x so thats a plus.
You won't be able to tell the difference between these PSU's they are both high quality PSU's.

Go with the one you want, there is no right or wrong here.  Both will do really well  🙂