XPG 850W PSU KYBER Vs. Corsair 750W PSU RM750e

Abdullatif
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
45 minutes ago, Abdullatif said:

Kingston 16GB DDR5 6000MHz Fury Beast

Avoid if possible, everyone will tell you this. Minimum spec for DDR5 these days is 2x16GB kits as 8GB DIMM's are compromised in performance. You do not want to spend money on those kits. 

As for the PSU's, the "KYBER" model from XPG/Adata how little/no review data but should probably be avoided, though there are solid models from XPG. The Core Reactor line is quite good. 

RM750e is a safe choice and recommended if the price is right.

Hello guys! 

I'm building a PC for my nephew, this is the spec sheet:

Intel Core i5-14600KF

ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI Motherboard DDR5

SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD

PNY 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen4 SSD 

ZOTAC 8GB GAMING GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 

A 360mm CPU Liquid Cooling

I'm personally not familiar with XPG, but they are almost the same price as Corsair which is a brand I'm familiar with. What do you guys suggest?

Both are kind of terrible if you have functioning ears. Instead of wasting money on twice the wattage you need, you'll probably be better off getting a better, lower wattage PSU. 450W is already plenty for a 4060 Ti. Where are you buying from?

:)

45 minutes ago, Abdullatif said:

Avoid if possible, everyone will tell you this. Minimum spec for DDR5 these days is 2x16GB kits as 8GB DIMM's are compromised in performance. You do not want to spend money on those kits. 

As for the PSU's, the "KYBER" model from XPG/Adata how little/no review data but should probably be avoided, though there are solid models from XPG. The Core Reactor line is quite good. 

10 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Thank you for being clear and respectful. I will make adjustments. 

1 hour ago, Abdullatif said:

Intel Core i5-14600KF

ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI Motherboard DDR5

SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD

PNY 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen4 SSD 

ZOTAC 8GB GAMING GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 

A 360mm CPU Liquid Cooling

budget?

country?

usecases?

the 4060ti is trash so ditch that aio and get a 4070 or atleast buy a used 3080ti or 6900xt/6950xt for the price of that 4060ti which is worse than the 3070 btw

8gb ddr5 sticks perform like trash due to half rank 1rx16 so get a 32gb 6400c32 kit but if ddr5 is too expensive and you cant even get a 32gb teamgroup/klevv 5600c46 kit then ditch ddr5 in favor of ddr4 since youll have to swap trash ddr5 later on anyways if it wont do >7000 for future cpus

combine the ssds and get a 2tb, avoid samsung unless theyre decently priced as they usually arent and you can get much cheaper and/or straight up superior ssds like the mushkin tempest, mushkin vortex redline, gammix s70 blade, adata premium, transcend 250s/h, verbatim vi7000g, etc.

also might be able to find a cheaper board since asus is prettu overpriced most of the time and their cheap boards are pretty crap compared to the competition

as for the psus both will work just fine but still trash psus considering how overpriced the rme is and they are both warrantyless units (<10 year), also rme has some fan noise complaints so pretty shit for the price you pay, look for a psu with a 10 year warranty like the xpg core reactor, nzxt c (80+ gold ones), thermaltake gf1/gf-a3, gigabyte udgm (1000w or more), etc. cause its pretty stupid not to get a psu with a 10 year warranty when theyre usually not that much more or the same price as the warrantyless units