Ear bud / Headphone suggestions

Donut417
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Cool beans. Im thinking the A40's might be the way to go. At least they are a little lighter on the pocket book.

They're great for ANC, pretty good for sound quality, 7/10 for comfort, touch controls have not missed a beat, and the highs are crisp without being overpowering. Sub-bass at the far end it was a little bit unhappy about in the 30-ish hz range, but at the fire sale price of 49.99 I can't complain. 

One thing to note about the ANC: works very well, was still able to hear the proximity alarm of a forklift clearly, so can still be safe with it on.

Side note: not a fan of just how much piano black there is. Looks real sharp, but will never be fully clean after the cover is released the first time. Also, best unboxing experience I've had in a long time, tear strips for all the seals, completely tool-less unboxing 

Looking for some suggestions of some ear buds or headphones. Plan on using these with my iPhone XR, Steam Deck, possibly a tablet (If I buy one). Need something that will work with both working out and with traveling. Which is why I was considering earbuds. Would like something with a mic. Wired or wireless would be fine. Currently have a pair of Aueky EP-T10 and not really happy with them. They dont stay in my ears well and the ear tip on the right side keeps falling off when they are inserted in my ear. Plus I find them uncomfortable after a little while.

I know I will need to buy an adapter for my phone, not a big deal they seem to be under $20 on Amazon. Im really would like to spend less that $50 USD if I can, willing to go up to $100 if its worth it. Also would be cool if it came with a case, if not, maybe suggest a case I can keep them in. Makes it easier when Im putting them in a pocket or in a bag.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Moondrop space travel every day of the week, they're a killer deal and should be well within your budget

I've never found earpod-shaped earbuds to be in any way comfortable, always far too large and hard for any comfort to be had. I have/had a pair of AKG N400 earbuds, ANC, good sound reproduction, and can be had refurb for about $70. I got mine refurb and never would have guessed that they were. Did replace the ear tips with different ones as they were too squishy for my liking. 

22 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

pair of AKG N400 earbuds

These look similar to my Aukey earbuds. My one concern would be comfort. Because the Aukey ones put pressure inside my ear canal and the "Hook" that suppose to help keep them in my ears also put pressure on the outside parts of my ear. Price wise I find them on Amazon for $79 to $81 new. Which is on the upper end of the budget.

23 hours ago, Cocococo said:

Moondrop space travel every day of the week,

Whats the battery life look like?

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

These look similar to my Aukey earbuds. My one concern would be comfort. Because the Aukey ones put pressure inside my ear canal and the "Hook" that suppose to help keep them in my ears also put pressure on the outside parts of my ear. Price wise I find them on Amazon for $79 to $81 new. Which is on the upper end of the budget.

I took the "wings" out since they were indeed quite uncomfortable, and without them they were quite incredibly comfortable. 

Note: replaced my pair that one went missing on, with some Soundcore A40 ones. Slightly less comfortable, but the ANC is WILDLY better than the N400 set. The A40s make a much better seal, and with no sound output are similar ANC quality to the N400s with medium volume and Max ANC. The sound isn't quite as good as the N400s, but still respectable. 

18 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I took the "wings" out since they were indeed quite uncomfortable, and without them they were quite incredibly comfortable. 

Note: replaced my pair that one went missing on, with some Soundcore A40 ones. Slightly less comfortable, but the ANC is WILDLY better than the N400 set. The A40s make a much better seal, and with no sound output are similar ANC quality to the N400s with medium volume and Max ANC. The sound isn't quite as good as the N400s, but still respectable. 

Quick question about ANC. Does it work with all devices or is it device specific? Like I know it would work with my iPhone, but would it work with the steam deck?

26 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Quick question about ANC. Does it work with all devices or is it device specific? Like I know it would work with my iPhone, but would it work with the steam deck?

It's through their app that it's customized, so without the app it's just on/off instead of choosing how much ANC, with the talk though/ambient aware working excellently. the N400 ANC is fine, nothing to write home about, with the biggest strength to me being the comfort and sound quality. They look big and heavy, but aren't particularly heavy and sit very nicely in my (apparently abnormally shaped) ears. 

I do recommend turning down the 10k+ range, it was rather shrill out of the box.

10 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

It's through their app that it's customized, so without the app it's just on/off instead of choosing how much ANC, with the talk though/ambient aware working excellently. the N400 ANC is fine, nothing to write home about, with the biggest strength to me being the comfort and sound quality. They look big and heavy, but aren't particularly heavy and sit very nicely in my (apparently abnormally shaped) ears. 

I do recommend turning down the 10k+ range, it was rather shrill out of the box.

Cool beans. Im thinking the A40's might be the way to go. At least they are a little lighter on the pocket book.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

They're great for ANC, pretty good for sound quality, 7/10 for comfort, touch controls have not missed a beat, and the highs are crisp without being overpowering. Sub-bass at the far end it was a little bit unhappy about in the 30-ish hz range, but at the fire sale price of 49.99 I can't complain. 

One thing to note about the ANC: works very well, was still able to hear the proximity alarm of a forklift clearly, so can still be safe with it on.

Side note: not a fan of just how much piano black there is. Looks real sharp, but will never be fully clean after the cover is released the first time. Also, best unboxing experience I've had in a long time, tear strips for all the seals, completely tool-less unboxing