Possibly bad PSU? Weird issues with powering on

DzevoX
Go to solution Solved by Blasty Blosty,
11 minutes ago, DzevoX said:

Yes I did for short period of time and nothing happened, forgot to add that to original post I'll edit it in now

Then it would probably be the PSU, as that ruled out the front panel connectors. Unlikely the big named brands in your case would fail before a relatively unknown PSU would.

I've bought the new case few months ago when I upgraded my PC and decided to use old PSU. The PSU in question is Chieftec GPE-600S 600W ECO. Recently I've had an issue where I need to click power button for around 30 seconds before machine decides to start up. The case I have is H5 Flow drom NZXT. I have tried replugging front panel cabel into motherboard without any effect. I've notice once when PC was unplugged from wall that it got a bit worse and took a bit more time to start. I will put my specs bellow in case that has any effect with this. In terms of performance while system is on I don't notice any difference from when there wasn't any problems.

CPU: Ryzen 5600
Mobo: B550 Tomahawk
GPU: Nvidia 1050TI
RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz

PSU: Chieftec GPE-600S 600W ECO

Case: NZXT H5 FLow
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Ten
Keyboard: Redragon Aryaman
1st Monitor: AOC 24G2 24" 1ms 144Hz
2nd Monitor: Samsung 24" something something

Also if it is a bad PSU could you recommend a PSU that could support a better GPU down the line and if this current PSU would be usable in a older system.

Edit 2: I tried jumping pins on motherboard and nothing happened, I did it for 2 seconds maybe and stopped.

Edited by DzevoX
Jumping pins edit

Do you mean there's like a 30 second delay between pressing the power button and it turning on?

Just now, Blasty Blosty said:

Do you mean there's like a 30 second delay between pressing the power button and it turning on?

30 seconds of me clicking the button 

Anyways I think it would be the PSU, have you tried jumping the pins on your motherboard to see if you get the same result?

Holding or repeatedly clicking?

When it turns on its after I was holding it for 2-3s after the process of doing both for 30s

Anyways I think it would be the PSU, have you tried jumping the pins on your motherboard to see if you get the same result?

Yes I did for short period of time and nothing happened, forgot to add that to original post I'll edit it in now

11 minutes ago, DzevoX said:

Then it would probably be the PSU, as that ruled out the front panel connectors. Unlikely the big named brands in your case would fail before a relatively unknown PSU would.

Does the PSU "seems to" start when you switch it on ?

Could be some bad contact on the PC start button/on the board

Did you try to jumpstart the PC with a screwdriver ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

21 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

As for a new PSU, choose one that suits your wattage from the "A" or "B" tier:

PSU Tier List rev. 17.0g - Cultists Network

https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/pc-power-supply-units/super-silent-modular-series/lc6650m-v231.html Thoughts on this one, considering where I live, there's not much options to be honest, I found this one for around 70$

1 minute ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Where do you live? Not an exact address haha just generally

Serbia, 90% of PSU are bronze rated or lower 😅 I could try to get it from reseller instead of official shops but I'm not sure how smart is that

Just now, DzevoX said:

Serbia, 90% of PSU are bronze rated or lower 😅 I could try to get it from reseller instead of official shops but I'm not sure how smart is that

Preferably from an official shop, and preferably you would want a PSU from brands such as Corsair, NZXT, Gigabyte, etc. to avoid this issue from happening again. 

Is the one I posted above good, LC power one, seems to me like good one

25 minutes ago, DzevoX said:

https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/pc-power-supply-units/super-silent-modular-series/lc6650m-v231.html Thoughts on this one, considering where I live, there's not much options to be honest, I found this one for around 70$

17 minutes ago, DzevoX said:

Is the one I posted above good, LC power one, seems to me like good one

Tis a Tier B, is quite a good one, i wouldnt jump the gun though, if anyone on here has any suggestions or anything it might help and save you splashing out on a new PSU, but if you do need to get one thats not a bad choice

Is your current PSU modular?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3