Help with B550 ram/xmp settings

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
10 minutes ago, Jtat4eva215 said:

Is this because this ram doesn't support x.m.p.

Yes. 

Also if this ram doesn't support x.m.p. can I ask just over click it manually.

Also yes. Most DDR4 will do 3200 CL16, though the exact settings you can expect will depend on your memory sticks and what IC is on them and how much variance it has. 

In order to do that, first set the system memory multiplier to what you want the target memory speed to be (in this case 3200, though you might need to lower it to 3000, or you might be able to go higher to something like 3466 or 3600), set the FCLK frequency to half of whatever the memory speed is (I.E. for 3200MT/s, set the FCLK to 1600MHz), and set the UCLK DIV1 Mode to UCLK == MEMCLK. After that, go into the Advanced Memory Settings menu and set the timings to 16-18-18-38 for tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS respectively (tRCDRD and tRCDWR can be set to the same value of tRCD). Finally, back at the menu you're looking at, raise the DRAM voltage to 1.35V. You will want to run a memory stress test to make sure it's stable, but it's pretty unlikely that won't be stable. 

20240318_151411.thumb.jpg.b1836bb91950d6239f4a8384e7e16a66.jpgI have a Gugabyte B550m DS3H-AC Motherboard with a ryzen 5 3600 cpu and patriot 2400mhz ddr4 memory. I'd like to over clock the ram a little. I usually just enable x.m.p. profiles, but that option is set to auto in the bios, and is Grey'd out so I can't change it. Is this because this ram doesn't support x.m.p. or is there a setting I need to change 1st? Also if this ram doesn't support x.m.p. can I ask just over clock it manually.  Thank you in advance

Is this because this ram doesn't support x.m.p.

Yes. 

Also if this ram doesn't support x.m.p. can I ask just over click it manually.

Also yes. Most DDR4 will do 3200 CL16, though the exact settings you can expect will depend on your memory sticks and what IC is on them and how much variance it has. 

In order to do that, first set the system memory multiplier to what you want the target memory speed to be (in this case 3200, though you might need to lower it to 3000, or you might be able to go higher to something like 3466 or 3600), set the FCLK frequency to half of whatever the memory speed is (I.E. for 3200MT/s, set the FCLK to 1600MHz), and set the UCLK DIV1 Mode to UCLK == MEMCLK. After that, go into the Advanced Memory Settings menu and set the timings to 16-18-18-38 for tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS respectively (tRCDRD and tRCDWR can be set to the same value of tRCD). Finally, back at the menu you're looking at, raise the DRAM voltage to 1.35V. You will want to run a memory stress test to make sure it's stable, but it's pretty unlikely that won't be stable. 

4 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yes. 

Ok are these the settings you are referring to?  I couldn't find the exact choices you listed... 20240318_193310.thumb.jpg.f8bd0f6597f594e153e2d89b86cca7e3.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jtat4eva215 said:

Ok are these the settings you are referring to?  I couldn't find the exact choices you listed... 20240318_193310.thumb.jpg.f8bd0f6597f594e153e2d89b86cca7e3.jpg

Yes, those are the timings I'm referring to. They're set correctly in that photo.