So i got an old chinese X79 board

I got annoyed this weekend that i saturated my 3TB disks quickly on both my pc and laptop ,and i was looking for a storage solution .

Initially i was thinking on doing a Raspberry Pi with an external docking station with 4 X 1 TB disks on it , but that would be a bit of a hassle for me since i'm not that much into linux. 

Then I remembered I got a chinese X79(LGA 2011) motherboard from work a long time ago since noone could translate it and it was useless for the most part. 

I started to look for xeons ,more specifically Xeon E5 2697 V2 . That won't be a problem,however what will be is the fact that the motherboard is using an E-ATX format,which is not standard , and the cases that i've found to support E-ATX with that specific X79 board in it are effin' huge ( most of them are used for mining ) .

So I come here with a question : what inexpensive case can I use for it? I won't do anything but HDD's on a server on it ,no GPU . So i would like a small form factor case that can integrate an chonky E-ATX motherboard.

Any ideeas?

//What i want to specifically add : This server will be used for CCTV in the future ! 

Here's the motherboard if anyone is wondering.

IMG_20240316_184852661.jpg

IMG_20240316_184844301.jpg

Yeah it's a tad too expensive for using 10 year old hardware on it.

1 hour ago, newbornFL said:

I got annoyed this weekend that i saturated my 3TB disks quickly on both my pc and laptop ,and i was looking for a storage solution .

Initially i was thinking on doing a Raspberry Pi with an external docking station with 4 X 1 TB disks on it , but that would be a bit of a hassle for me since i'm not that much into linux. 

Then I remembered I got a chinese X79(LGA 2011) motherboard from work a long time ago since noone could translate it and it was useless for the most part. 

I started to look for xeons ,more specifically Xeon E5 2697 V2 . That won't be a problem,however what will be is the fact that the motherboard is using an E-ATX format,which is not standard , and the cases that i've found to support E-ATX with that specific X79 board in it are effin' huge ( most of them are used for mining ) .

So I come here with a question : what inexpensive case can I use for it? I won't do anything but HDD's on a server on it ,no GPU . So i would like a small form factor case that can integrate an chonky E-ATX motherboard.

Any ideeas?

//What i want to specifically add : This server will be used for CCTV in the future ! 

Here's the motherboard if anyone is wondering.

IMG_20240316_184852661.jpg

IMG_20240316_184844301.jpg

that mobo is still sold nowdays and seems like the best option will be to find the cheapest eatx case for it then

Posted (edited)

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links