Need advice on direction of cooling. 9 fans isn't enough apparently.

JACKO4590
3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Nope... Intake air flowing through an hot rad won't be cool, and not much will go through anyway due the rad acting as a barrier

look for anything to support what ur saying cuz.. wow,,, that makes NO sense

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Using a 280 AIO, 

GPU goes up to 75C with max power limits... and hotspot at 102C due to the bad cooler contact/pressure 

same 280 on that GPU: 51c max 😄 

10 minutes ago, NorKris said:

look for anything to support what ur saying cuz.. wow,,, that makes NO sense

same 280 on that GPU: 51c max 😄 

Ok I give up arguing, seems too hard for you to understand cooling basics (or maybe you just don't "listen")

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok I give up arguing, seems too hard for you to understand cooling basics (or maybe you just don't "listen")

yeee when u cant prove, or even come close to understand basic logics.. its going to be hard for u 😛 

while i have the tests on my side : / 

ur trying to argue that hot air is better to cool with ... 

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

yeee when u cant prove, or even come close to understand basic logics.. its going to be hard for u 😛 

while i have the tests on my side : / 

ur trying to argue that hot air is better to cool with ... 

So you didn't even read what I wrote... 😄

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

So you didn't even read what I wrote... 😄

my beers might have been cooler than what u wrote 😅    but like where?

image.png.df7f5d9ad2ff08e892c56c57e7a977b3.png

image.thumb.png.53b071bda032f5b8a2ec8f3cfe61de0d.png

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Why didn't you test the most obvious setup : front intake, rad on top exhaust , rear exhaust ??? ( the one you use on the 1st image but rad on top)

I had in mind a 360 rad which fully blocks front airflow, yours is a 240 and let 1 fan blow cool air indeed when put front, can explain the better results

Even then, for all sensible setups (ranked up to #5), temps are within <2C of each other, that's close to margin of error, change in ambient, whatever

It also depends of the fans you use and their speed

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Why didn't you test the most obvious setup : front intake, rad on top exhaust , rear exhaust ??? ( the one you use on the 1st image but rad on top)

thats 9. and its worse.

9 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Even then, for all sensible setups (ranked up to #5), temps are within <2C of each other, that's close to margin of error, change in ambient, whatever

hot air rises so 1 wil always win 

i totally forgot that @jaslion  kinda give us the answer to how good this is performing on 200w

image.png.7f5b9b59e65802b23607e1c2bf2e1b5d.png

and that is as exhaust. so you should get better than this. 

17 hours ago, NorKris said:

thats 9. and its worse.

hot air rises so 1 wil always win 

hot air rising is a myth when there any fan moving at any speed.

what i see is the gpu having alot of crap on the side were it exhaust its hot air yes it dose have bottom in take fan and helps push it up. but no back fan.

the rad in front will heat up the gpu slightly but the cpu should be cooler but im guessing the cpu is the problem and not the gpu? other then a better aio /fans probably the best it will do. cooling the newer chips seems a problem with contact and there too many cores in a small space problem with the smaller nm. something like a thredripper size cpu would be better. imo

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hot air rising is a myth when there any fan moving at any speed.

no fan outside the pc 😉  but other than that ur correct 

posably a better aio or better fans might help but i dont no. to test to see if the case has any problems i would take of the side and see the gpu temps will go down i no that.

as to what the best aio is 🤷‍♂️ they largely depends on what fans are on them and the pump speed and rad thickness. it also could be dumping alot of heat in too the case and its not exhausting it fast enough but i dont no. we dont no how much cooler is needed to not thermal throttler so hard to say what to do...

also do we no the ambient temp?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

20 hours ago, NorKris said:

Very interesting. Source? Why only 6 top vs 9 front?

@PDifolcoI'm almost done with phase 1 of testing AIO positions using a 360 and just one exhaust fan. If I'm lucky, I'll put the video out tonight. 

So,  @JACKO4590, I want to suggest that, as stated before, you get a bend correction frame because the ILM will warp your CPU when it becomes hot enough. It doesn't much matter which brand, although I've only really seen results for Arctic, TG and TR. TR and TG are almost identical, Arctic not quite so good, but I don't know if they sell it separately from the LF3. I got the TR BCF with a screwdriver, frame and TF-7 for $10 several months ago. 

Also, you should undervolt the CPU, and either add 3 more fans (STRONGER or exactly the same), or replace the fans with the highest static pressure fans you can bear the noise of at high RPM; the latter will probably give you better results.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Very interesting. Source? Why only 6 top vs 9 front?

its from a youtuber called casebycase

it was 9 in the vid aio  front  and 9 in the vid  aio top

but i took screen shots and put the best case(temps) toghter in one pic. 

Hey guys. Just want to give an update on this issue.

I recently started playing BF2042 hence why this issue has came up of overheating but I had a separate issue where if i exit the game it would BSOD every time. This was related to any asus motherboards running the asus software. 

I uninstalled Ai suit 3 and Armoury crate and my thermal throttling has seem to come to a stop. Just played a 2 hour game session in bf2042 and only noticed t/t once on my stream deck. 

Cpu and Gpu temps not about 75c as well. 

Only thing I had set in those programs was the lighting. No fan control was being set by me so I wonder if the program had auto set the fans to be more "quite" and not preform as well. 

I will still be looking at getting a better AIO and was looking at getting 4 140mm case fans (2 bottom, 2 top) to help with cooling and hopefully making it quieter. 

14 hours ago, NorKris said:

its from a youtuber called casebycase

it was 9 in the vid aio  front  and 9 in the vid  aio top

but i took screen shots and put the best case(temps) toghter in one pic. 

You should've shared all of them. Sus. 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

16 minutes ago, JACKO4590 said:

I recently started playing BF2042 hence why this issue has came up of overheating but I had a separate issue where if i exit the game it would BSOD every time. This was related to any asus motherboards running the asus software. 

I uninstalled Ai suit 3 and Armoury crate and my thermal throttling has seem to come to a stop. Just played a 2 hour game session in bf2042 and only noticed t/t once on my stream deck. 

Only thing I had set in those programs was the lighting. No fan control was being set by me so I wonder if the program had auto set the fans to be more "quite" and not preform as well. 

I will still be looking at getting a better AIO and was looking at getting 4 140mm case fans (2 bottom, 2 top) to help with cooling and hopefully making it quieter. 

Do not install AI Suite. It requires disabling certain important core protections. 

AAC has Fan Xpert,  which can become very possessive of fan control, especially if you run auto-tune.

Again, you really should get the BCF because of the high risk of your CPU warping. If temps are a problem, undervolt it, which will result in better temps and negligible performance loss. 

1 hour ago, JACKO4590 said:

any chance of a  top of cpu picture  and/or bottom of the cooler picture?