New system wont boot and monitors wont turn on

DodgeRAM

Hey guys super weird problem but id love it if someone can help.  So i just tried to upgrade my cpu from a 5600K to a 14700K and got a new mother board and new ddr5 for it and when i got it all together the system turned on all the leds in the case were on and the fans spun up.  But the monitors wouldn't recognize there was anything pluged in like no signal.  This happened when trying to use onboard graphics and the graphics card.  also there is a little yellow light on the QLED board for the boot spot.  any idea what's wrong and how to fix it?

1 minute ago, Blasty Blosty said:

What is your new motherboard?

so new system specks are a i7 1400k, Asus Z790-A and then 32gb of vengeance DDR5, and then i got a kracken aio for a cooler and a few Hard drives

I recently had same problem I think. Try with TV or different monitor.

It turns out my PC was booting, just not sending signal to the monitor.

it is kinda weird to if i have to monitors completely unplugged they will say no-signal and shut off but with they monitors pluged in to the PC it says lowpower mode on the monitors and they enevctualy go to sleep.  Would it be an issue with me plugging my old boot drive into the new motherboard i got a kingston sdd attached through sata.

Just now, RageTester said:

I recently had same problem I think. Try with TV or different monitor.

It turns out my PC was booting, just not sending signal to the monitor.

i tried it on both of my two monitors with no joy but you said you just like pluged it into a regular tv and it booted

1 minute ago, DodgeRAM said:

Would it be an issue with me plugging my old boot drive into the new motherboard i got a kingston sdd attached through sata.

Give it a go!

Just now, DodgeRAM said:

i tried it on both of my two monitors with no joy but you said you just like pluged it into a regular tv and it booted

It works on a TV?

My PC works with TV as monitor, not sure about current case.

You should check RAM sticks and if power cables are plugged in properly. 24-pin mainly.

3 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

It works on a TV?

i haven't tried a tv yet but it doesn't work on both monitors

Just now, RageTester said:

My PC works with TV as monitor, not sure about current case.

You should check RAM sticks and if power cables are plugged in properly. 24-pin mainly.

i tried moving the RAM to different slots and in one stick and two stick configuration but still no joy

Just now, DodgeRAM said:

i haven't tried a tv yet but it doesn't work on both monitors

Tried a different cable? Although if the boot LED stays on I can't imagine it's getting past POSTing

Could it potential be that i put the cpu in wrong or that its not seated all the way since onboard graphics don't work?

Just now, Blasty Blosty said:

Tried a different cable? Although if the boot LED stays on I can't imagine it's getting past POSTing

yea ive tried two different hdmi cords at this point that were fine with the computer before the upgrades

Do you have any OS installed on current drive? If there is no OS, then graphics driver is for sure missing too.

3 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Do you have any OS installed on current drive? If there is no OS, then graphics driver is for sure missing too.

The OS would be installed but it was running on the old cpu and motherboard 

you said it will not work on the on board HDMI either Yea possible might even be the BIOS. have you upgraded bios yet the 790 is for 12th/13th gen i am thinking on a bios upgrade is needed    what bios is needed is 1205

10 minutes ago, Leo561 said:

you said it will not work on the on board HDMI either Yea possible might even be the BIOS. have you upgraded bios yet the 790 is for 12th/13th gen i am thinking on a bios upgrade is needed    what bios is needed is 1205

is there a way to upgrade the bios on a Z790 board without having access to the monitors

2 hours ago, DodgeRAM said:

is there a way to upgrade the bios on a Z790 board without having access to the monitors

do you have a button on the back IO panel that says flash bios? 

asus rog strix z790-a wifi does have that. take out cpu memory and gpu, format a usb drive to fat32 and put the wanted biosfile on it with the correct name..  look it up. insert the usb drive into the slot with a square around it and called bios.

boot by pressing the bios flashback button and wait until it's done. 

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

do you have a button on the back IO panel that says flash bios? 

asus rog strix z790-a wifi does have that. take out cpu memory and gpu, format a usb drive to fat32 and put the wanted biosfile on it with the correct name..  look it up. insert the usb drive into the slot with a square around it and called bios.

boot by pressing the bios flashback button and wait until it's done. 

i dont see one here is what my back io looks like is there another motherboard thats set for 14 gen already

bios.png

17 minutes ago, DodgeRAM said:

i dont see one here is what my back io looks like is there another motherboard thats set for 14 gen already

bios.png

it doesn't.. if your lucky it have pins out to connect an eprom burner to rewrite it, if not you would have to desolder the bios chip and resolder it when it's done. (you'd have to solder the chip on the bracket for the eprom burner and off again between that)  since you never said what z790-a board you had it was a guess.. 

or you could try with a 12th or 13th gen cpu if you know someone with one. to boot and update it to put your own cpu in. 

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

it doesn't.. if your lucky it have pins out to connect an eprom burner to rewrite it, if not you would have to desolder the bios chip and resolder it when it's done. (you'd have to solder the chip on the bracket for the eprom burner and off again between that)  since you never said what z790-a board you had it was a guess.. 

so that sounds like alot tbh i think i will return it do you guys have an idea of a motherboard that suports the 14th gen chips out of the box with out a bios up date i think the MSI - MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI may

1 minute ago, DodgeRAM said:

so that sounds like alot tbh i think i will return it do you guys have an idea of a motherboard that suports the 14th gen chips out of the box with out a bios up date i think the MSI - MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI may

look at the bios versions of the board, and what the updates say.. if it has more than original bios it most likely was launched before 14th gen came out. 

6 minutes ago, Robchil said:

look at the bios versions of the board, and what the updates say.. if it has more than original bios it most likely was launched before 14th gen came out. 

this may be stupid question but how do i find that

so what i can find these two do suport 14th gen out of the box

MSI - Z790 GAMING PLUS WIFI

MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI

any suggestions between the two