Does gpu's price matter?

I'm looking to buy a 4070, but im not sure what to buy. On Newegg, the prices are anywhere from $525 to $600 for a new card. What factors cause this price range? Will going for the cheapest one affect my experience? More specifically, I'm going to get this model which is the cheapest: https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-4070-dual-rtx4070-o12g-evo/p/N82E16814126689?Item=N82E16814126689

provided it's spec'd the same as the more expensive models you were considering then no it'll be the same. asus makes decent cards

2 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

What factors cause this price range?

Sometimes the cards are actually built better, usually it's just rebates on the back end for retailers. 

2 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Will going for the cheapest one affect my experience?

No, all 4070s perform within 3% of each other, that is within margin of error for a lot of benchmarks. That's how it is with most cards, barring a few exceptions of notoriously bad cards. 

8 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

I'm looking to buy a 4070, but im not sure what to buy. On Newegg, the prices are anywhere from $525 to $600 for a new card. What factors cause this price range? Will going for the cheapest one affect my experience? More specifically, I'm going to get this model which is the cheapest: https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-4070-dual-rtx4070-o12g-evo/p/N82E16814126689?Item=N82E16814126689

prefer something thats a triple fan and/or a thicker cooler, pretty much the only diff between cards, otherwise theyre all the same

2 hours ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a 4070 super? You can get a RTX 4070 GAMING X SLIM for $579 on sale https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-4070-rtx-4070-gaming-x-slim-12g/p/N82E16814137826?Item=N82E16814137826

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

53 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a 4070 super? You can get a RTX 4070 GAMING X SLIM for $579 on sale https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-4070-rtx-4070-gaming-x-slim-12g/p/N82E16814137826?Item=N82E16814137826

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-7900-gre-rx7900gre-cl-16go/p/N82E16814930123

There is also the 7900gre to consider

45 minutes ago, jaslion said:

True👍

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

prefer something thats a triple fan and/or a thicker cooler, pretty much the only diff between cards, otherwise theyre all the same

will getting the cheapest cooler cause any issues?

It’s a pretty rare scenario where the cooler will cause any performance difference, it would have to be a pretty bad cooler for it to throttle consistently and work worse than reference. But nobody makes a product like that, at least not any mainstream aib. The MSI Armor RX 580 was about as close as a mainstream aib got to a cooler design that was so bad it almost didn’t work.

However board design and some vbios options can leave a card kinda just underwhelming, and at times can perform worse than reference. Though again, a very rare scenario.

We saw this with nvidia 3000 series cards from MSI in the Ventus line. Where they had a harsher power limit in their vbios and couldn’t boost clock as high for as long as most other aib options, and at times would be outshined by the reference card.

However I really gotta specify that that’s a very small difference, and it really only mattered in synthetic benchmarks.

The Ventus cards weren’t specifically bad because of the vbios, they also had mediocre heatsinks and were just kinda hot and loud. That’s why they were the cheapest option.

Usually the cheaper options though have no actual difference in performance, you mostly trade away acoustics, aesthetics, and some thermals. They’re usually loud, they don’t have anything special going on with their appearance, and tend to be hot. But they’ll perform fine.

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

It’s a pretty rare scenario where the cooler will cause any performance difference, it would have to be a pretty bad cooler for it to throttle consistently and work worse than reference. But nobody makes a product like that, at least not any mainstream aib. The MSI Armor RX 580 was about as close as a mainstream aib got to a cooler design that was so bad it almost didn’t work.

However board design and some vbios options can leave a card kinda just underwhelming, and at times can perform worse than reference. Though again, a very rare scenario.

We saw this with nvidia 3000 series cards from MSI in the Ventus line. Where they had a harsher power limit in their vbios and couldn’t boost clock as high for as long as most other aib options, and at times would be outshined by the reference card.

However I really gotta specify that that’s a very small difference, and it really only mattered in synthetic benchmarks.

The Ventus cards weren’t specifically bad because of the vbios, they also had mediocre heatsinks and were just kinda hot and loud. That’s why they were the cheapest option.

Usually the cheaper options though have no actual difference in performance, you mostly trade away acoustics, aesthetics, and some thermals. They’re usually loud, they don’t have anything special going on with their appearance, and tend to be hot. But they’ll perform fine.

Yup. It basically doesn't matter, but to some extent, you will get what you pay for.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

you will get what you pay for.

Basically this

Heres the MSI Ventus 3x 3090

IMG_2191.jpeg.418720e3159ce0278f21594cb0875371.jpeg

it had a reference msrp of $1499, and for the brief moment prices were normalized, would even go on sale new for under msrp 

It’s features include:

-having 3 fans

-specifying it has 3 fans in the model name

-being 2.5 slot, genuine feature on the box

here’s a colorful kudan 3090

IMG_2192.jpeg.3a866b075b5efc16de8d3a876ddf2006.jpeg

it costs $5000, they made like 200 of them tops 

it’s features include 

-a hybrid hot swappable 240mm AIO and 3 fan air cooler

-a custom milled brass GPU support 

-an oled status display panel, adjustable positioning 

-it comes in a flight case

-the first thing in the case is a pair of white gloves so you don’t get fingerprints on it

i mean guess which one performs better?

but then at the same time, the Ventus isn’t noticeably worse than a reference 3090, its perfectly adequate