Is this a symptom of thermal paste needs repaste ?

While gaming temps air cooled cpu go from 50C idle to 77C in like 2 second and stayed there , quitting program does drop quick too

Sys running 65w 5600 oc to 125W with a 6 heatpipe tower cooler

58 minutes ago, 37748585862723896 said:

While gaming temps air cooled cpu go from 50C idle to 77C in like 2 second and stayed there , quitting program does drop quick too

Sys running 65w 5600 oc to 125W with a 6 heatpipe tower cooler

Sounds pretty normal for a cpu under load.

1 hour ago, 37748585862723896 said:

go from 50C idle to 77C in like 2 second and stayed there , quitting program does drop quick too

A CPU is effectively a very tiny amount of metal. Heating up and cooling down quickly is completely normal. 77°C under load is also nothing to worry about. You should be more worried when it takes a long time to cool down once the load is gone.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I regularly run tests - unless the temps are going into the 90s immediately, you don't really need to worry. Which cooler do you have?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂