Does anyone know the difference between the LG 27GP850 and the LG 27GP850P-B

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

The "-B" only means it's a black monitor in LGs product language. Some of their other monitors use "-W" at the end, meaning the monitor is white.

So if you want to be exact, the 27GP850 doesn't exist. It's the 27GP850-B.

The LG 27GP850 was recommended by Monitors Unboxed in their Monitors for Europe buying guide but isn't available here so I wanted to double check that there aren't any major differences between the two.

The "-B" only means it's a black monitor in LGs product language. Some of their other monitors use "-W" at the end, meaning the monitor is white.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 10:14 AM, Stahlmann said:

Sorry to bother you again but do you also know what the difference between the 27GP850P-B and the other one is? I can't seem to find any good documentation of LG's naming schemes.

7 hours ago, GamingAgent said:

Sorry to bother you again but do you also know what the difference between the 27GP850P-B and the other one is? I can't seem to find any good documentation of LG's naming schemes.

Which other one do you mean? There is only the 27GP850-B. The model without the "-B" doesn't exist. 27GP850 is just an abbreviation used by some reviewers, just like they said 27GL850 when talking about the 27GL850-B.

Again, the -B and -W at the end only indicate the color of the monitor housing.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Which other one do you mean? There is only the 27GP850-B. The model without the "-B" doesn't exist. 27GP850 is just an abbreviation used by some reviewers, just like they said 27GL850 when talking about the 27GL850-B.

Again, the -B and -W at the end only indicate the color of the monitor housing.

I meant the difference between the 27GP850P-B (not the 27GP850-B) and the 27GP850-B

57 minutes ago, GamingAgent said:

I meant the difference between the 27GP850P-B (not the 27GP850-B) and the 27GP850-B

Specs-wise they're exactly the same. The P seems to be a revision. The only change in their specs I could spot is that the newer P variant is slightly more efficient. (4 kWh/1000 hours)

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Specs-wise they're exactly the same. The P seems to be a revision. The only change in their specs I could spot is that the newer P variant is slightly more efficient. (4 kWh/1000 hours)

Thx I think I know what my new monitor will be!