Why does windows 11 want me to uninstall lightroom?

wolf_walker78

Bored on a sat night and thought I'd finally try windows 11 but it seems to really want me to uninstall lightroom, which I did, now it wants me to uninstall lightroom classic which I actually use and don't really want to 

jack with.  How can it not get along with something as common as Adobo stuff?  I don't see a ready way to bypass or tell it to ignore it.  Upgrading in win10 pro.  Or not as the case may be.

During install it says something to the effect of "these apps need to be uninstalled because they are not compatible with windows 11"

First it said Lightroom so I uninstalled that since I only use Classic, then the refresh button didn't work so I killed the upgrade rebooted and ran it again, 

then it said it wanted me to uninstall Classic and I did not.  Google'd around a bit and didn't find anything conclusive.  All the adobe stuff on here is updated 

and current.

5 hours ago, wolf_walker78 said:

During install it says something to the effect of "these apps need to be uninstalled because they are not compatible with windows 11"

First it said Lightroom so I uninstalled that since I only use Classic, then the refresh button didn't work so I killed the upgrade rebooted and ran it again, 

then it said it wanted me to uninstall Classic and I did not.  Google'd around a bit and didn't find anything conclusive.  All the adobe stuff on here is updated 

and current.

So your upgrading from 10 to11?

I'd be tempted to just do a clean install here. Otherwise uninstall adobe stuff and reinstall after the upgrade.

Is this the older version of Lightroom Classic that is not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription?  If so, it might not be supported in Windows 11.  I don't think adobe even supports it.   I have the photography package that includes Photoshop as well as Lightroom and have seen absolutely no issues when I upgraded to Windows 11.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

5 hours ago, Alan G said:

Is this the older version of Lightroom Classic that is not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription?  If so, it might not be supported in Windows 11.  I don't think adobe even supports it.   I have the photography package that includes Photoshop as well as Lightroom and have seen absolutely no issues when I upgraded to Windows 11.

Nah it's part of an active creative cloud sub and everything is up to date.  Wouldn't have been surprised if it was some old version.

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

So your upgrading from 10 to11?

I'd be tempted to just do a clean install here. Otherwise uninstall adobe stuff and reinstall after the upgrade.

Yeah 10 pro to 11 via the upgrade prompt in windows update.  It's amusing that it's been nagging me for months and now it can't lol...

Clean install is always best for sure but I don't have time for that these days.