I plugged the power cable of an X73 RGB into an Z73, it expelled a lot of smoke :/

Sanedish

The title says it all :).

but what I wanna know is: is it somehow gonna be dangerous or affect my cooling? It still works fine as far as I can tell...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

once the smoke is out thats it shows over...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

once the smoke is out thats it shows over...

well it still works 100% fine, except a light flicker in the display though....

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Do u use all it functions? 

8 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

well it still works 100% fine, except a light flicker in the display though....

dose not sound its 100% working fine...

but whats the point of this post and what you us to do about it?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

he wants us to know its ok to smoke inside  ofc 😮 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

he wants us to know its ok to smoke inside  ofc 😮 

go ahead and use it...its not my house...🤷‍♂️

144,900+ House Fire Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Edited by thrasher_565

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

3 hours ago, Sanedish said:

but what I wanna know is: is it somehow gonna be dangerous or affect my cooling? It still works fine as far as I can tell...

19 hours ago, Sanedish said:

The title says it all :).

Is it still smoking? Which smoked - the X73 or the Z73? Where did the smoke appear to come from? Is that part abnormally hot? Are they still under warranty?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Is it still smoking? Which smoked - the X73 or the Z73? Where did the smoke appear to come from? Is that part abnormally hot? Are they still under warranty?

No, like i said the Z73, From the Inside out of the connector, no, no.

1 hour ago, Sanedish said:

No, like i said the Z73, From the Inside out of the connector, no, no.

Actually, you said "it", not the Z73. 😉 It's your title. 😄

So, if I understand correctly, you plugged in the X73's power cable into an unstated part of the Z73, which I'll assume was a power cable.

Yeah, that's probably because it drew more current than that connection was able to safely handle. Is there physical damage to the X73's plug or the smoky socket on the Z73? Have you tried testing the wiring of both for anomalous electrical behavior?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

these ppl that want help and advice  have a trend of not answering questions, often stuff they left out  

53 minutes ago, NorKris said:

these ppl that want help and advice  have a trend of not answering questions, often stuff they left out  

I chalk it up to...being human. 🙂 😛