Minecraft Modded Java - Game stuck updating/Intense tick lag

Bingus_Bongus

I've been having this issue where for about 10-20 minutes at a time, especially when I travel to a new area where the game doesn't update fast enough. In this case, I just arrived at a new village and I am unable to interact with villagers and even half of the new chunks or the village itself are not loading in. This is what seems to me as intense tick lag, even such things as closing my game or reloading the save are non-functional as I have to kill the game with the application manager and reload.

Here's my game with F3 debug on:

2024-03-01_20_32_01.thumb.png.215465cacc0af37d3c7dde738510003a.png

This to me is a bit baffling, as I have a 5950X running at average 4GHz on each core/thread, even though Minecraft is single threaded it should benefit from those high clock speeds. I do have a mod that I am running as an atempt to stop this call Minecraft Multithreaded, but at this point it seems to have made very little difference.

I also have 32 out of 128GiB of 3600 CL18 memory dedicated to Minecraft/Java.

Here's my system specifications while we're at it:

Screenshot_20240301_204034.png.d3497646991d57bcd1fd5dd27af4b6eb.png

Before you say this is a Linux thing, I highly disagree as I've had this happen multiple times on multiple build versions of Windows 10 and 11 over the years on multiple versions of Java and the game itself from 1.7.10 up to what I'm on now, 1.16.5.

Here's my mod folder:

Screenshot_20240301_203356.thumb.png.d1d37c4d5828479b2b5208c890be01bb.png

Please if anyone has a solution to this or a possible cause I would greatly appreciate it as it makes the game unplayable, especially when I'm going to new areas and then having to wait 20 minutes for my game to update and load in all of the chunks.

Thanks a ton.

try removing the mods then see...mods can do anything and some might not play nice with each other.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

try removing the mods then see...mods can do anything and some might not play nice with each other.

Done that before, problem to find which mod is I have to do the process of elimination and then try to replicate it.

Just looking for pointers as to which mod it might be from someone or if it's a Java/Forge version thing.

You can enable debug mode and see what it's doing that way you can find out where it's stuck doing.

Like where the workers is at.

Enable console and watch it's actions.

(It does spoil details of area if you understand coding bit)

That's how I've figured that server has difficulty with generating chunks and such.

And find the culprit.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

1 hour ago, Bingus_Bongus said:

I've been having this issue where for about 10-20 minutes at a time, especially when I travel to a new area where the game doesn't update fast enough. In this case, I just arrived at a new village and I am unable to interact with villagers and even half of the new chunks or the village itself are not loading in. This is what seems to me as intense tick lag, even such things as closing my game or reloading the save are non-functional as I have to kill the game with the application manager and reload.

Here's my game with F3 debug on:

2024-03-01_20_32_01.thumb.png.215465cacc0af37d3c7dde738510003a.png

This to me is a bit baffling, as I have a 5950X running at average 4GHz on each core/thread, even though Minecraft is single threaded it should benefit from those high clock speeds. I do have a mod that I am running as an atempt to stop this call Minecraft Multithreaded, but at this point it seems to have made very little difference.

I also have 32 out of 128GiB of 3600 CL18 memory dedicated to Minecraft/Java.

Here's my system specifications while we're at it:

Screenshot_20240301_204034.png.d3497646991d57bcd1fd5dd27af4b6eb.png

Before you say this is a Linux thing, I highly disagree as I've had this happen multiple times on multiple build versions of Windows 10 and 11 over the years on multiple versions of Java and the game itself from 1.7.10 up to what I'm on now, 1.16.5.

Here's my mod folder:

Screenshot_20240301_203356.thumb.png.d1d37c4d5828479b2b5208c890be01bb.png

Please if anyone has a solution to this or a possible cause I would greatly appreciate it as it makes the game unplayable, especially when I'm going to new areas and then having to wait 20 minutes for my game to update and load in all of the chunks.

Thanks a ton.

Minecraft java is unoptimized so even if its an i9 14900k you might still experience this, plus the version your playing has that issue of mobs, entities freezing, item drops as well it is a bug but you can reduce it or try to overcome it.

You should make sure that your simulation distance is close to your render distance i.e if your render distance is at 8 then put your simulation distance at 7, reduce you render distance to maybe 10-15 maybe.

Also try giving the game like 8gb ram, 32 alot but you might never know.

Mods can help make the game be like that so know what to do about them, if you can test or benchmark your mods to find out which one is causing it, fine.

On the performance tab i think there is options for chunck loading that would use more threads to load chunks, mess with it. If you have dynamic chunk loading off it.

Give the game a little more priority on task manager from normal to high, open Tmanager while the game is running and right click/ go to details/ right click again/ go to priority and set it.

If your running some browser with alot of tabs then try to close them ( make sure they are closed cause sometimes they dont and you have to use task manger to force close them)

If your mods are on fabric then migrate to it, because its way better in performance to optifine and way more optimized, you can get mods that can help you optimise the game memory and cpu utilisation.

Try this java argument:

Xms4G -Xmx4G -Xmn768m -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:-UsePerfData -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 -XX:ConcGCThreads=2 -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=1 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=8

My Pc isn't on (power out) i could have helped more.