Most Hours Played Thread?

battlepants220

image.thumb.png.a27380d7aaeb3f93020fb788e3a1d30b.png

This is just steam for me. WoW and SC2 would still be top 2 even though I stopped played both years ago. DSP is my latest addiction. Gamer life.

I was basically addicted to left 4 dead 2 ... played 8-12 hours a day for a period... decided it wasn't healthy and gave it up one day

I played fallout games and other games more outside steam, only bought them after I got my first job and could afford to buy them legally.

image.png.c4e153f89ff388132081f5a45eeafa30.png

Using GOG Galaxy 2.0 to try and put everything together... Battlefield 2042 is off, I have ~200hrs in that, for some reason it re-counted it multiple times. Everything else looks good:

gaming.thumb.png.ab1617265ca4f7b5c95631f104fef9a6.png

There'd be a few hundred more hours in Destiny 2 as I played it on Battle.net before it moved to Steam.

EDIT:

Aha, it triple-counted on 2042. The Steam version opens the Origin version of the game, and for some reason Origin counted playing 2042 as playing the trial version of it simultaneously.

battlefield.png.be3289d96eb95753150252a70c57c553.png

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

hoursplayed20240301.png.28d092daee7d1c0b92e24dcc2964370f.png

My Steam might make me look like I don't game, but the reality is I tend to prefer native clients where they exist off Steam.

Not counted but highest would likely include:

1, Final Fantasy XIV - easily in the 10's of thousands of hours. I'll check my top two character playtimes later and edit it in.

2, Genshin Impact

3, Ragnarok Online

4, Elite Dangerous

5, Earth and Beyond

Yes, they're mostly MMOs 😄 

Edit:

My FFXIV original character: Total Play Time: 102 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes

My current main: Total Play Time: 173 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes

Only around 6600 hours on these two characters. I don't think my 3rd would bump it up to 10,000 so I'm still not an expert 😄 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

image.thumb.png.bc17eb4e43e19afa9ab63b63ee4cdaf6.pngPayday 2 is my bae /s but it is may favourite game of all time. Beamng i used to leave running when i wasnt playing for extended periods of time so i wouldnt beleive that number, and possibly the same for CMS 2015, and most likely the same for the worms game, i dont even remeber playing that.

Witcher 3 should be in over 100h tier too, but I have it on GOG not Steam.

g1.jpg

It's funny, I never realize how much time I spend clicking around in strategy games until I actually look at the hour distribution. But yeah, strategy games and RPGs are probably my jamScreenshot_20240301_140340_Steam.thumb.jpg.c5710871226e7241116013504d372ed1.jpg

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

It would be WoW in tens of thousands of hours.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I really don't have that many games that I play excessively. Team Fortress 2 was amassed over almost a decade of on and off playing and Rocket League eventually lost its appeal for me. The Sims 2 isn't even my playtime, my partner played on my account. And the rest are all single player games which I typically play once and then move on to the next thing. I can't imagine spending hundreds or thousands of hours playing a single game. I like variety and new experiences, not the same core loop ad nauseam.

games.png.d91ba056cbeb038eb6d0ee106d439152.png

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

for me probly diablo 2 then mindcraft no idea the hours with thows... other games like nms about 1700 hours. played alot of ut as well back in the day.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

image.png.9eadaa277b464bdda5293a617b95012d.png

Personal comments about some of them:

Warframe: I also played it a lot pre-Steam shortly after its closed Beta went open Beta, and I bought a founder pack.  I basically stopped playing when I got married years ago a while after the first clan vs clan stuff was introduced.

RobocraftRocket League, and Fall Guys: Loved them in their hey days, but grew tired of them when their updates got less interesting and I plateaued in each game.

Invisible Inc: Still holds up as my favorite stealth game and an excellent introduction to the game studio Klei.

Mad Games Tycoon and Mad Tower Tycoon: Some of the best indie tycoon games I've played, and Mad Tower is the most faithful homage to Sim Tower.  They've since come out with a sequel to their game dev game (Mad Games) that's so ambitious, it has online multiplayer co-op and versus options!

No Man's Sky: I wanted solitary planetary exploration for the sake of exploration, and it delivered for me on launch day as well as the two months that followed.  I haven't returned since in spite of adding a bunch of stuff to do, and I highly respect the devs for all the free updates since launch, they haven't really changed the core gameplay loop.

Tower Unite: I still play this once in a while with the regular stream of updates.  As someone who works with software dev teams, I find it somewhat chaotic the wide variety of content they put out over time as opposed to a more focused approach, but I highly respect their transparent roadmap and community collaboration.

Minecraft has to be my most played game by far (countless servers over the 13 year span I have played). 

Star Trek Online has managed to hit 2111 (plus n hours on other accounts), but for the past 5+ years I have only gone back for the Q's Winter Wonderland. On my main GW2 account I have 1900 hours, but the truckload of alts I have have hundreds more (acquiring Skyscale over and over again is my schtick. Sadly I'm getting less active in GW2 too (but always resuming for The Shadow of the Mad King (halloween)).

I have significant but sub 1K hours in some other MMORPGs, 7DtD, and Satisfactory. Forza Horizons might also have pretty decent hours. 

First fulltime work reduced my gaming hours, and then I got cats. It's for the better, I can still play enough, just not 16 hours straight days. 

image.thumb.png.a9fb373a370d09bb7fe38781f22ade44.png

Pic says a lot. Mods definitely helped.

Also I think Genshin Impact may be in my most hours list...if I could track how many hours. (It's not a Steam game.)

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

steam hrs.png

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Screenshot 2024-03-06 184001.png

Pretty sad that my most "played" game is an idler that I'd just let run the majority of the time.

My playtime has dropped off significantly over the past year or two, so most of this time is from 2014-2022.

image.thumb.png.a584d7c63c47552042ebf980a0d670ac.png

On 3/6/2024 at 3:43 PM, Nibbets said:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 184001.png

Pretty sad that my most "played" game is an idler that I'd just let run the majority of the time.

Its okay. My most played games are largely single player cuz I have games instead of friends lol

396.3 hours In GD as of typing. No I still have not beaten a standard demon level. Though a bunch of those hours are devoted to beating every Easy, Normal, and Hard platformer and I am grinding harder as well.