7.1 Surround Sound Speaker Suggestions Needed!

APCNewbie209

Hi, so I'm new to audio setups.  I've mostly just used headphones and bare minimum TV speakers.  Recently I picked myself up an LG C3 48" OLED TV for about $1K USD.  I plan on getting some surround sound speakers and a good sound bar at some point in the coming months for music production and home theatre purposes.  Which brings me to my topic.  I'm looking for suggestions on speakers that are generally recommended by users on this forum page.

I know very little about speakers and quality ones, but anything with Dolby Atmos support and that don't need a lot of confusing wiring would work great.  For space purposes, my room is 10FT x 10FT.  It's literally a cube that's 10FT X 10FT X 10FT X 10FT.  Simple as.  The whole room is that way.  So realistically all I'd need is a decent soundbar for bass, and 2 mini speakers I wanna put up in the far corners of the room.  

If you guys have any suggestions for my setup, that'd be great.  My TV should have the audio support needed for most devices since it's a super modern smart TV.  If I need anything other than just speakers and a sound bar, I'd like to know but as far as I know, that's all I need for my room.  As long as they have good bass quality and are under $1K for a bundle or whatnot, I'll look into it!

Thanks again in advance for your suggestions.  

(I don't know the ins and outs of speakers and what's a good one vs a bad one.)

Budget?

Also be aware that cubes are rough for bass, you'll definitely have a null around 100Hz or so and that'll be hard to counter. 

Probably the easiest thing to do is to look up soundbar set ups on slickdeals and go with something on sale. Just be aware that soundbars and sound quality usually don't go together. You get a sound bar because you're too lazy to do it the "right" way or your significant other complained about there being too many speakers. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

On 2/29/2024 at 2:21 AM, cmndr said:

Budget?

Also be aware that cubes are rough for bass, you'll definitely have a null around 100Hz or so and that'll be hard to counter. 

Probably the easiest thing to do is to look up soundbar set ups on slickdeals and go with something on sale. Just be aware that soundbars and sound quality usually don't go together. You get a sound bar because you're too lazy to do it the "right" way or your significant other complained about there being too many speakers. 

Oh I don't really have a budget.  I just don't want to spend like $1K on an audio setup when my music stuff and TV cost the same amount.  And I don't have a SO either btw.  It's a home studio setup.  If I have to spend a bit more like $500 or so, I will, but $1K would be enough for me.

I'm willing to setup good wiring for a decent set of speakers.  But it's not like I can fit a subwoofer or something like that in my room that's already half filled with a full size bed and 55" desk on one side taking up half the room.   

There are some stuff LG sells in bundles with their sound bars.  They seem to have 5.1 and 7.1 options and work with my LG C3, but I'm wondering if there are other options other than just a sound bar and 4 hanging speakers you know?