Youtube ads playing in auto or high quality

How come the youtube ads still play in auto or high quality, even though I’ve selected data saver or even 144p quality for the videos? 

this makes no sense, as they can really stress a weak device and/or network connection, and use a lot of data from a capped data plan.

Without youtube premium, I have to watch the ads of course, but it should be my choice in what quality I watch the ads.

15 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

How come the youtube ads still play in auto or high quality, even though I’ve selected data saver or even 144p quality for the videos? 

this makes no sense, as they can really stress a weak device and/or network connection, and use a lot of data from a capped data plan.

Without youtube premium, I have to watch the ads of course, but it should be my choice in what quality I watch the ads.

That is terrible.

If you use Firefox you could download an extension like YouTube High Definition and unlike the name suggests, lock the resolution at 240p.

27 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

this makes no sense, as they can really stress a weak device and/or network connection, and use a lot of data from a capped data plan.

, but it should be my choice in what quality I watch the ads.

It makes perfect sesnse, just not for you...
Imagine if you were to advertise something, wouldn't you want your product/service to be shown in good quality to potential customers. 😄

27 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Without youtube premium, I have to watch the ads of course

You don't have to watch ads.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet