No display after changing -new Win copy on 1T HDD for old SSD+HDD in Dell Precision T3600

HeWeRcz

My friend gived me his Dell Precision T3600 wich he sad he dont need and works, but he took to his new pc his ssd + hdd that was in the dell, so i got some 1T hdd, uplouded a copy of windows 10 and wantet to sel it online for some buck but after someinstaling it this machine dont want to post at all No screen output no bios no nothing just lights up fans starts spinig and thats all. Was there on the old boot ssd som Dell software that mede it wok ? Or I'm I just stupuid thanks for any help

Do you have any lights on your keyboard? First step in troubleshooting is checking if the lights are only on the machine itself or if the lights on your keyboard and mouse also light up. I can help you try to troubleshoot after that.

3 minutes ago, Vecna said:

Do you have any lights on your keyboard? First step in troubleshooting is checking if the lights are only on the machine itself or if the lights on your keyboard and mouse also light up. I can help you try to troubleshoot after that.

yep my keyboard lights up but my mouse is off

7 minutes ago, HeWeRcz said:

yep my keyboard lights up but my mouse is off

Do you have a GPU? 

Just now, Vecna said:

Do you have a GPU? 

yes gtx 680

1 minute ago, HeWeRcz said:

yes gtx 680

So just to clarify. When it turns on, you dont even see a Dell logo? Does the monitor show any signs of getting input from the machine?

1 minute ago, Vecna said:

So just to clarify. When it turns on, you dont even see a Dell logo? Does the monitor show any signs of getting input from the machine?

It started after i reseated the rams So now the problem is tht in the bios it sees the 1TB hdd but cant boot it (it has Win 10 home on it)

Just now, HeWeRcz said:

It started after i reseated the rams So now the problem is tht in the bios it sees the 1TB hdd but cant boot it (it has Win 10 home on it)

Glad it got fixed! Can you verify that in the boot order of drives in bios, the 1tb hdd is at the top?

2 minutes ago, HeWeRcz said:

The moment u see the dell logo on startup, spam the F12 key. In the following menu, navigate with arrow keys and press enter on the 1tb hard drive. 

3 minutes ago, Vecna said:

The moment u see the dell logo on startup, spam the F12 key. In the following menu, navigate with arrow keys and press enter on the 1tb hard drive. 

did that Yes the HDD is on top

12 minutes ago, Vecna said:

Sooo the broblem is fixed after not booting wia the Legacy boot menu in bios I had to crate a file boot wia UEFI thru the disk and it worked (hope I said it somhow goodsry for my english)

13 minutes ago, HeWeRcz said:

Sooo the broblem is fixed after not booting wia the Legacy boot menu in bios I had to crate a file boot wia UEFI thru the disk and it worked (hope I said it somhow goodsry for my english)

nice