Getting 9 year old to play games other than Roblox?

diegoaccord
8 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

This has been around for over a decade.

oh looks like its on steam now... 🤷‍♂️ (looking at the cd copy i got...)🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh looks like its on steam now... 🤷‍♂️ (looking at the cd copy i got...)🤷‍♂️

Yeah that too. It's also on EA.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On 2/24/2024 at 1:14 AM, diegoaccord said:

Is there a gateway game that could possibly be used to transition into playing actual games?

Kid has a lot of games at their disposal, owns a Switch and a 3080 Ti PC. The whole ass PC only getting used is the PC for that one game.

I don't care that they want to play that game, but I'm always being asked to play it, and basically, I'm not. It's going to prevent gaming together from being a core memory. Like it had been for myself. At the time I got into games, it was me and my sibling playing with our father, but we played games that we all enjoyed. Like I recently found a CIB copy of game we used to play on NES, Bases Loaded 2. At that time, there were a lot of games that we could play together without it being forced. Because of how things are different, and what NPC kids play (Yes, I feel my kid is an NPC- but I'm not the only parent), there isn't a crossover. Also, I'm not going to force any games, they'll play what they want. It sucks, I keep being asked to play, but I'm not going to play Roblox, for more than 10 minutes, and she cannot play a real game for more than 5 minutes.

What do we do? Keep the status quo?

I would just let her play her games and you play yours until she takes an interest in your game or you in hers.

PS: No tiktok. Tiktok bad. Say no to tiktok.

Rocket league

Free is good. The competitiveness when getting stomped though is a tough one. Far more chill just versing derpy bots.

Minecraft

Can be cool playing together, building a house etc. Can be some overlap with Roblox as some games are clones or have voxel building/destruction aspects.

Been meaning to see if they'd like something like Stardew Valley or Snowrunner 

Moved to PC Gaming and locked the thread since discussion is really just people crapping on OP.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450