FLACS playing at a much lower volume if I copy them on another drive???

davidrf

Hi there, 

I really don't know what to say, but I if move certain FLACS from my C: drive (SSD) to my backup drive (Seagate HD), they play at a MUCH lower volume, and maybe even lower quality. I tried multiple times, it does that even with FLACs I encode myself. WTH is that? I'm really mind-gobbled.

The player is Music Bee and I have a Topping DX3+ Pro.

thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16GB PC 3200 F4-3200C16D-32GIS  | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 4070 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Cooling: Thermalright PA 120 SE

6 minutes ago, davidrf said:

Hi there, 

I really don't know what to say, but I if move certain FLACS from my C: drive (SSD) to my backup drive (Seagate HD), they play at a MUCH lower volume, and maybe even lower quality. I tried multiple times, it does that even with FLACs I encode myself. WTH is that? I'm really mind-gobbled.

The player is Music Bee and I have a Topping DX3+ Pro.

thanks

That's literally impossible, something else must be going on.

If the files work fine when you move them back (after they've been on the other drive) that would eliminate corruption of the files as a potential reason.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I "solved" by unchecking the box "normalise volume of tracks with replay gain tags", that for some reason I had left checked. Still, it's very very hard to understand why if I play the files from C: that option is ignored anyways, like from there the player can't read the gain tags. Don't know what to say.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16GB PC 3200 F4-3200C16D-32GIS  | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 4070 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Cooling: Thermalright PA 120 SE