I could use some feedback if this is allright.

NexC

Budget (including currency): Around 2000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming - Escape from Tarkov, WoW, FFXIV, Valheim, Dyson Sphere Program (and similar games), Helldivers 2, pretty much anything and everything. Sometimes streaming and some light coding every now and then and some office work. I'd like to get into some VR games like Blade & Sorcery.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I included my current drives in the Partpicker list, the only new one is the 990 pro, the rest are in my current system and will either be used with the new one or retired.

I'm upgrading from a 1080ti, i7-6850K and 32gb DDR-2400MHz RAM. I specifically picked parts without RGB as I started to despise RGB, it just started to annoy me over the years and everything RGB in my current PC is just turned off if possible.

Edit: I completely forgot: My current PC started out with two drives back when I bought it and the SanDisk SSD and 4TB WD Drive came in later. I'm a bit of a data hoarder and both of the HDDs are almost full, so I'll definetly need a different solution for more storage as I'd like to switch to only SSDs in the future.

I curently use 3x 24" monitors. 2x 1080p, 60Hz, one is vertical for texts, coding or excel sheets and turned off and unplugged whenever I don't use it as there are sometimes months between usage. The main Monitor is 1080p 144Hz and I'm considering upgrading to 1440p with the new PC sooner or later, wanting to keep the 144Hz (or higher) as I just don't see me ever going back to less than 144 in the future for my main Display.

I hope I didn't forget any information, so here is the parts-list from PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MpVcPF

Make sure you select the EU region.  Other then that its a mixed bag of fine and some glaring issues.

RAM: Get a 2x32GB kit or a 2x16 kit not 2x 2x16 kits. You only want to use 2 dimms for the best results. 32 GB is still more then enough for gaming.

For the storage, are buy buying all that storage you listed in the PCPart list? Because some of those parts are quite old and not really good.

Id get rid of the HDD's, and the very old 960 evo, Get a SN 850x 1TB or 2 TB, or 2 of em. Storage pricing is a LOT more expensive now then it was 3-4 months ago.

Other then that rest seems fine.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/ 

https://geizhals.eu/   <--- check this site for lower prices on PC components.

The 120mm fan goes inside the back of this case for an exhaust fan.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€365.00 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€38.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€175.36 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€238.90 @ Alza) 
Storage: *TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€107.23 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: *TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.16 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 2X OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card  (€859.00 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: *Fractal Design Focus 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€70.90 @ Galaxus) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€118.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case Fan: *ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (€5.89 @ Alza) 
Total: €2113.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-23 01:00 CET+0100

A better look at that case.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/focus-2/black-tg-clear-tint/  

If I was going to stream along with video editing I would do something like this with your budget.

https://geizhals.eu/intel-core-i7-13700f-cm8071504820806-a2871158.html 

Intel Core i7-13700F €377,71 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€38.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€160.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€223.74 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: *TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€107.23 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: *TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.16 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 2X OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card  (€859.00 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€118.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1718.61
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-23 01:07 CET+0100

24 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Make sure you select the EU region.  Other then that its a mixed bag of fine and some glaring issues.

RAM: Get a 2x32GB kit or a 2x16 kit not 2x 2x16 kits. You only want to use 2 dimms for the best results. 32 GB is still more then enough for gaming.

For the storage, are buy buying all that storage you listed in the PCPart list? Because some of those parts are quite old and not really good.

Id get rid of the HDD's, and the very old 960 evo, Get a SN 850x 1TB or 2 TB, or 2 of em. Storage pricing is a LOT more expensive now then it was 3-4 months ago.

Other then that rest seems fine.

I didn't change the region as I only used the PPP to check compatability and to share it easily, so prices will not at all show the ones I'll be getting.

I wasn't that sure on RAM. I'll change it up to be 32GB then, should save a good chunk of money.

Regarding the storage: All the drives except the 990 pro are currently in my system, I'll either use them in the new build or retire them but haven't decided yet, yes they are pretty old as at least the 960 evo and the 2TB HDD are in here since I build this pc around 6/7 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback!

19 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/ 

https://geizhals.eu/   <--- check this site for lower prices on PC components.

The 120mm fan goes inside the back of this case for an exhaust fan.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€365.00 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€175.36 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€238.90 @ Alza) 
Total: €2113.24
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-23 01:00 CET+0100

A better look at that case.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/focus-2/black-tg-clear-tint/  

Thanks for the feedback, as I lack the expertise, could you tell me why you chose those changes? The storage part is also mentioned in my OP, but the change of the 2TB M.2 drive seems to make sense, I was choosing the Samsung simply out of old information that their drives are reliable.

I never used watercooling/AIOs ever, all aircooling up until now, is the performance and noise difference not that big?

I know the case is expensive but I really like the design of the front panel of the torrent. Yeah it's unnecessary to pay that much more just for looks, so I might change to the one you put in your list, I'll probably decide spontaniously when I actually hit buy.

Is the difference in performance of the 4070ti to the 7800 XT worth the 300€ price difference? I do not intend to use RT like... at all. I don't game in 4k so DLSS isn't a concern for me either. simple 1080p - 1440p gaming for me.

About your second post and the i7-13700f: I don't really produce any videos anymore, maybe sometimes make a little highlight for friends or something like that but especially when it comes to Tarkov I read that the 3D AMD Processors perform really really well and this is my main game for now and the forseeable future.

10 minutes ago, NexC said:

Thanks for the feedback, as I lack the expertise, could you tell me why you chose those changes? The storage part is also mentioned in my OP, but the change of the 2TB M.2 drive seems to make sense, I was choosing the Samsung simply out of old information that their drives are reliable.

I never used watercooling/AIOs ever, all aircooling up until now, is the performance and noise difference not that big?

I know the case is expensive but I really like the design of the front panel of the torrent. Yeah it's unnecessary to pay that much more just for looks, so I might change to the one you put in your list, I'll probably decide spontaniously when I actually hit buy.

Is the difference in performance of the 4070ti to the 7800 XT worth the 300€ price difference? I do not intend to use RT like... at all. I don't game in 4k so DLSS isn't a concern for me either. simple 1080p - 1440p gaming for me.

About your second post and the i7-13700f: I don't really produce any videos anymore, maybe sometimes make a little highlight for friends or something like that but especially when it comes to Tarkov I read that the 3D AMD Processors perform really really well and this is my main game for now and the forseeable future.

Your frames per second are going to take a hit when you stream so you want to go as big as you can on your graphics card while staying within your budget. Nvidia NVENC is as good as it gets for streaming purposes. These RTX 40XX series cards cover all the codecs. As far as cooling goes, a dual tower cooler is more than sufficient for either of those cpu's. Air coolers last longer and you don't have a pump to listen to which can get annoying. Like the other poster pointed out, if you don't plan on doing hardcore video editing then stick to 32GB of RAM.

2 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Your frames per second are going to take a hit when you stream so you want to go as big as you can on your graphics card while staying within your budget. Nvidia NVENC is as good as it gets for streaming purposes. These RTX 40XX series cards cover all the codecs. As far as cooling goes, a dual tower cooler is more than sufficient for either of those cpu's. Air coolers last longer and you don't have a pump to listen to which can get annoying. Like the other poster pointed out, if you don't plan on doing hardcore video editing then stick to 32GB of RAM.

Thanks for the explanation, I'll consider the 4070ti, but the 300€ difference for maybe two or three streams a year... idk yet.

19 minutes ago, NexC said:

Thanks for the explanation, I'll consider the 4070ti, but the 300€ difference for maybe two or three streams a year... idk yet.

average-fps-1920-1080.png

average-fps-2560-1440.png

29 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

average-fps-1920-1080.png

average-fps-2560-1440.png

Thanks again, wouldn't the 7900 XT be preferable then? More VRAM, better performance and cheaper? I'm genuinely asking as I don't know if there is some Info I'm not aware of.

Edit: Looking it up right now, the 7900 XT is more powerhungry than the 4070 Ti Super though, so probably cheaper in the long run. And edit again: The difference of 15 Watts, would mean the around 80€ price difference at my current cost per Watt would make a difference in 8 years... I'll disregard that point then.

12 minutes ago, NexC said:

Thanks again, wouldn't the 7900 XT be preferable then? More VRAM, better performance and cheaper? I'm genuinely asking as I don't know if there is some Info I'm not aware of.

Edit: Looking it up right now, the 7900 XT is more powerhungry than the 4070 Ti Super though, so probably cheaper in the long run. And edit again: The difference of 15 Watts, would mean the around 80€ price difference at my current cost per Watt would make a difference in 8 years... I'll disregard that point then.

The gpu I posted in those two builds is a RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB.

2 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

The gpu I posted in those two builds is a RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB.

Yeah I know, that's why I said the 4070 Ti Super is less powerhungry. And in the List you posted right above the 4070 Ti Super 16GB is the 7900 XT with 20GB and marginaly better performance, but for around 80€ less than the 4070 Ti Super.

33 minutes ago, NexC said:

Yeah I know, that's why I said the 4070 Ti Super is less powerhungry. And in the List you posted right above the 4070 Ti Super 16GB is the 7900 XT with 20GB and marginaly better performance, but for around 80€ less than the 4070 Ti Super.

Nvidia > AMD graphics cards when streaming and video editing.