Billy Joel Uses AI To Sing As His Younger Self In New Music Video

Billy Joel released a new song for the first time in a long time and his music video features AI versions of himself singing to the song throughout the 3 distinct eras of his career. The AI was done by a company called Deep Voodoo and was pretty impressive all things considered. 

Video Link: 

Article: https://people.com/billy-joel-turn-the-lights-back-on-music-video-exclusive-8583952

kanye did a full ai video for vultures

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

1 hour ago, Cyberwolf said:

kanye did a full ai video for vultures

Which one?

14 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Which one?

vultures

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

-> Moved to Off Topic

Sadly, with AI this is more on normal side now. Only thing to discuss is whether this moves direction of celebrities and their likeness/voice etc. for future production.

In that sense, this is more on side of entertainment industry than tech as such.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's amazing (and scary) how good video deepfakes have gotten in such a relatively short amount of time. Deepfake Luke in The Mandalorian didn't look that convincing, and that's a big budget TV series from only 3 years ago.

We're already past the event horizon where video is no longer an irrefutable record of objective reality; it won't be long before tools like Sora are good enough to outright fabricate convincing (not just convincing enough) videos from scratch.

I'd love to see a behind-the-scenes on how they made this. They must have had at least one body double pianist, maybe two. 

Edited by Needfuldoer
Was comparing to an 8 year old deepfake, now a 3 year old deepfake.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.