Cooling for the computer for daily use

I wanted to do a simple cooling solution but I can't afford it. I want to use a peltier module on the top of a CPU like AMD ryzen 9 so it could be under 0°C, and the hot side would be cooled by a active or passive cooling solution, would be there any problem if I use it ????

2 hours ago, PavanDERebel said:

I wanted to do a simple cooling solution but I can't afford it. I want to use a peltier module on the top of a CPU like AMD ryzen 9 so it could be under 0°C, and the hot side would be cooled by a active or passive cooling solution, would be there any problem if I use it ????

You can aford Ryzen 9 system but can't afford simple cooling solution ?

I say you can use any kind of cooling you want as long you know how to make it work, know what you're doing, and do it well enough.

Also, if your first line "simple" meant using peltier module with that kind of a performance. I don't think you can call that a simple solution.

At the very least not if you consider the extra work that needs to be done in order to make it work well.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

8 minutes ago, PavanDERebel said:

Nahh bro, dont try that except if you want to ruin your pc.

I have seen some videos of it before and it always didn't turn out well, even on the LTT channel they did it and it just dosent work.

I saw someone putting vaseline on the motherboard close to the cpu socket so it wouldn't get damaged i presume and then preceeded to put the peltier on the cpu and a cooler at the top, it wasnt easy really because he had to hold the cooler with his hand since there isn't any mounting pressure or anything to hold it.

It is doable because some did it, but thats experimental not really for casual or even permanent use. While you can do it Yess, i wouldn't recommend it plus from the sounds of it you have a good cpu, ruining it would be an unpleasant thing it is even worst if you dont know much about it since there would be a higher chance of mistakes.

Anyways if you still want to do it! Try it with an old cpu and a motherboard for like an hour and see if it works, if it does then proceed by leaving it for a long time usually long as an average gaming session maybe 5h, if you can do more do it, if everything if fine then do it with your R9 cpu. GOOD LUCK.

9 minutes ago, PavanDERebel said:

I wanted to do a simple cooling solution but I can't afford it.

Peltier is incredibly inefficient for a PC. Aside from that, you don't want to cool your PC below ambient. That will result in condensation, which will kill your components over time. People who do extreme overclocking use Vaseline and all kinds of other stuff to protect their PC, but that is unpractical for daily use.

Just use a cooler and a fan, like everybody else does. Or use water cooling if you want something more fancy. Both a more than good enough for daily use.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Lower is not always better, bigger also is not always better 😉 Seriously tho keeping your cpu sub zero or zero can cause lots of problems.

36 minutes ago, PavanDERebel said:

would be there any problem if I use it ????

Yep. It would rapidly kill itself thanks to condensation.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

thanks to condensation.

Unless if you have some sort of way to combat that like keeping the ambient temps way cooler than the cpu's internal temps or by having 0% humidity. 

1 hour ago, PavanDERebel said:

>No

just flat out no. It doesn't work like you think it does.

just buy a normal cooler like everyone else. Or just if you need to dIY a cooling solution make copy the numerous other cooling fans or something/concepts that exist.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

18 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Unless if you have some sort of way to combat that like keeping the ambient temps way cooler than the cpu's internal temps or by having 0% humidity. 

That's laughably unrealistic and doesn't answer OP's question, so I didn't mention it. If OP got their cooling solution working and kept their chip well below the dew point, condensation would form and short-circuit the system, killing it. That's the simple and concise answer. There's ways to get around condensation, like waterproofing the board (see some of ASRock's old XOC boards, they had a waterproof coating to try and make it easier to keep the board alive when doing LN2 overclocking) or slathering it in petroleum jelly and wrapping everything possible in insulation. Or both, here's an old chiller thread where people listed what they did: https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/how-do-you-handle-condensation.790155/. Could obviously look at what modern chiller users are up to and see if there's better solutions, last I saw much about it I believe people who daily-ed a chiller were just keeping them enough above the dew point to not get condensation to begin with, as it's a nasty thing to try and consistently prevent on a daily machine.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

On 2/19/2024 at 10:17 PM, PavanDERebel said:

What you are describing is going to be complex, there isn't a simple solution that will get your CPU at 0C unless you either make it really complex or you spend a lot of money and use a ton of power.

Also keep in mind that it is one thing to cool it for a short time but the longer you want to run the setup the worse the problems will be.