Is the EVGA 500GD compatible with the RTX 4070 super?

J03tz13l
Go to solution Solved by 8tg,
3 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

You don't want to use a low end Gold rated PSU for a recent mid- to high-end GPU. And don't use extensions. These things cause instability and shut down issues.

It’s a 220w card and extensions aren’t a problem until you’re adding 10+ feet to your pcie cables.

8 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

Hello! I wanted to know whether the RTX 4070 SUPER is compatible with my current power supply unit. If it is, could someone please guide me on how the cables should be connected? Additionally, if I use a PSU cable extension for the GPU, what type that would be the correct one?

You’ll need a 16 pin adapter because what I presume is a reference rtx 4070 super will only use a 16 pin 12vhpwr connector. 
Since this is a 220 watt card you really only need one with dual 8 pins to accommodate that kinda wattage, though if you ever get a better GPU in the future with a higher power draw, well you’d probably want a better psu but also a 2 8 pin adapter wouldn’t be adequate.

IMG_1942.thumb.jpeg.68f50185742df8e9fbbf3f81e90d0053.jpeg

you’ll plug both of your pcie 8 pins into that adapter, and then the adapted 16 pin into the 4070 super

Hello! I wanted to know whether the RTX 4070 SUPER is compatible with my current power supply unit. If it is, could someone please guide me on how the cables should be connected? Additionally, if I use a PSU cable extension for the GPU, what type that would be the correct one?

You don't want to use a low end Gold rated PSU for a recent mid- to high-end GPU. And don't use extensions. These things cause instability and shut down issues.

3 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

It’s a 220w card and extensions aren’t a problem until you’re adding 10+ feet to your pcie cables.

8 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

You’ll need a 16 pin adapter because what I presume is a reference rtx 4070 super will only use a 16 pin 12vhpwr connector. 
Since this is a 220 watt card you really only need one with dual 8 pins to accommodate that kinda wattage, though if you ever get a better GPU in the future with a higher power draw, well you’d probably want a better psu but also a 2 8 pin adapter wouldn’t be adequate.

you’ll plug both of your pcie 8 pins into that adapter, and then the adapted 16 pin into the 4070 super

29 minutes ago, 8tg said:

you’ll plug both of your pcie 8 pins into that adapter, and then the adapted 16 pin into the 4070 

Ok, thank you! So the psu extension would act like the adapter?

19 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

Ok, thank you! So the psu extension would act like the adapter?

Yes, a bit of extra length but would also allow you to adapt pcie 8 pins from your psu to the new 12vhpwr connector